lance x reader

━ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ━

It wasn't fair.

It wasn't right.

It didn't make any sense.

Why her?

why not me?

what does she have that I don't?

Those were just some of the things that were running through (y/n)'s head as she sat across from lance in the dining room of the castle. Glaring at him as he made GooGoo eyes at the gorgeous albino girl next to him. 'she doesn't even appreciate you as much as I do! What could you possibly see in her that you don't see in me' Is what she wanted to say to the boy but yet...no words could come out of her mouth as she continued on glaring at the princess.

That's when she heard someone speak up. "Jesus (Y/N) anyone would think that your gonna kill Allaura if they didn't know that you spaced out a lot. Huh, guys?" (Y/N) looked to her left to see hunk looking at her laughing with pidge at his little joke that was not taken seriously at all. Though... he was right. He just didn't know it. Allaura looked up at her and away from her food to give (Y/N) a weary look. The girls just smiled back as if to assure the princess that it was nothing to worry about and she HAD just spaced out. (Y/N) had also chuckled to ease the tension too. "Yeah, lucky you guys know I space out a lot, just like back at the garrison right Lance?" The (h/c) haired girl asked turning back to lance awaiting his response.

But to (y/n)'s dissatisfaction, the boy was still staring at the pretty girl next to him. she coughed trying to gain Lance's attention then once more before calling his name. "Lance." Yet no answer. "Lance!" (y/n) shouted this time and kicking him under the table on the leg. "Huh!-wah! what did I do?!" He shouted finally giving all his attention to the girl that kicked him before hearing a small laugh from next to him and seeing ha he had caused Allaura to laugh. But then his attention was directed toward her straight away again, completely forgetting about the girl that had been trying to gain his attention in the first place.

This caused (Y/N) to get frustrated once more and standing up from her set and turned towards Pidge, Hunk, and Shiro then turning towards Keith and Coran apologizing and then excusing herself from dinner and saying that she was going for a shower after the would finish her food, in her room. Because she had something to do in there. And as she walked away only six of them turned to look at eachother looking kind of concerned about it and then letting it slip continuing to eat their food. for all, they know she actually did have something she needed to do. but what really concerned the six of them as they continued to eat there food was that the seventh member of that table after (y/n) left didn't even look or show the slightest bit of concern for his best friend.

____________

Y/n) had been sitting on her bed for the past hour slowly eating her food goo one spoon full every 10 minutes. She was just too distracted to eat, she had been holding a photo of her and Lance that she had kept in her wallet that just so happened to be in her matching (f/c) jacket lance's when they were taken away by blue when they first found her and Lance decided to piolet her. It was a picture of both Lance and (y/n) in their new garrison uniforms and they were making funny faces while (Y/N) had picked up Lance bridal stile just to make to photo even funnier and lance put bunny ears behind her head.

That photo made her smile it was their first day at the garrison after there lifelong dream to go up to space. And look where it got them now. They were in a floating castle with two aliens and alien mice with alien food and the two of them were even further apart than they ever thought they would be. That's when her smile started to falter. She wanted to rip up the photo and burn the remains. But she couldn't like I said- she wanted too but just couldn't find it in her hear to do it. So she placed down the photo shoving it under her pillow and finishing off her dinner. The putting the bowl on the little bench that connected into the hole in the wall where her bed was. The (e/c) eyed girl then stood up and grabbed her pj's off of the end of the mattress of her bed and walked into her on sweet type thing to have a shower. That's where she stayed for the next two hours sitting on the cold tile like floor of her shower and letting the water run down her back. As she let all of her tears fall with the water running down her face causing the salt and the clear water to mix as it went down the drain that was directly underneath her. All that could be heard from her was the quiet sob that she let slip every once in a while if the tears would get too overbearing.