Chapter 3

Recap:

As I walked the way back to my mansion I heard an agonizing scream not too far away.

Hm. Pityful human.

'But who would go for a kill when I personally ordered them all to stay at the mansion?'

"Those children better not disappoint me, or their punishment will be tripled."

I thought as I teleported where the scream was, once I arrived..

There I saw a pool of blood surrounding the lifeless human's body as it was being devoured by a creature--no, this is not a creature but..

A ghoul.

***Jake's Pov***

*stomach gurgling*

I woke up as I heard my stomach rumbling..

"Oh no.."

I looked up the sky and it was night already..

*stomach gurgling

"Ow.. I'm so hungry.."

Were should I find food?

I don't think I can hunt on my own, although mommy sometimes took me with her as she hunts for food.

But..

"I'm too hungry that I can't think what to do--"

I stopped talking as a strong wind blew carrying a sweet aroma that is very familiar..

"Food.."

I'm too hungry now and I lost control of my body as it ran to where the sweet aroma was.

I arrived and saw a girl that was older than me.

I whispered,"I'm sorry."

Enought for her to hear and looked at my direction but I didn't waste any more time and tackled her down as I bit on her shoulder, her blood splattered everywhere.

I know it was wrong for me to kill anyone since mommy didn't permit me to hunt on my own, but I can't help it.

My stomach was hurting.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!"- the girl shouted and kicked me, but it didn't hurt at all.

I spread out my crystal-like wings and shoot her my pointy crystals, finally immobalizing her.

I walked near her, but before she died she said something that made me regret ever hurting her.

"Yo-You're.. a.. mo-monste--r."

My hunger vanished.

I felt my chest aching, it hurts as my tears threaten to fall but I didn't let them fall.

As a flash of mommy's beautiful smile appeared on my head.

I remembered what mommy used to tell everytime I questioned her why we eat flesh of people.

"It's our way to live. We are not monsters, those who hurt people  because they want are the ones called monsters but we don't. We hurt them in order to live because we also are part of this world we are born in it because we want to continue on living, do you understand that, Jake, darling?"

"I understand now, mommy."- I said as I neared the lifeless body, my wings still on my back and my left eye that was not brown anymore but black and red.