CHAPTER FIVE

Lauren's POV:

My mom asked me to apologise to the swine,or else,I would be grounded for a whole year and I knew she meant it. When I got to school ,people just kept laughing at me and I was confused.

Leah was also laughing,but I noticed that she was laughing at what she saw in her phone and what did I see? A video of me falling down in my house with the coffee on me.

Oh he did not do this.

I marched to my classroom with a lot of people walking closely behind me and I gave Andre a slap across his face that I'm sure he can never in his life forget.

I guess you should know what happened after that. C'mon guess...correct! I was awarded with a detention and  my friend,Mitchell walked up to me and said:

"You used to be somebody. "

Yeah yeah,what was that good-for-nothing driving at this time around?

After detention, I saw Andre reading. His head was always stuck in a book. I got to where he was and gave him a hard tug on his cheeks.

"Ow!" He yelled. 

"Serves you right." I fired back.

Joshua came to pick me with his car so we could go for our band practice at John's.

"Sorry about the detention. Why does he hate you so much? I mean you're everything a guy wishes for. " Josh said.

"You're talking as if I like him....I just wanted to talk him into joining our band but he's too 'perfect'.." I said doing air-quotes..."I don't have his time and he should know I'm a tomboy. "
~~~~~~
At John's,the garage was already set for our rehearsals and his parents helped set up the place. Although I'm kinda boyish,I had this really nice voice. Apparently,I was the lead singer and played acoustics, alongside bass guitar.

"What took you so long, Law?" ( Law was my stage name and also my nickname. ). John asked.

"I had some detention to catch up with and I'm really sorry guys,I didn't mean to take up your time. "I said.

"Tune your guitar,the battle of the band is close by. " He said.

"Kay dude,I'm coming. "

We rehearsed for two hours non-stop. I was told to write a lyric for our rehearsals.

Gross! I hated writing a lyric because it's kind of likened itself to a poem. Since I don't take my bike,I had to wait for Josh to take me home.

"Hey,you're coming for Logan's birthday party?". John asked.

"When?" I asked uninterested.

"Next month. "

"Maybe. "

"Are you coming or not?"

"I'll try coming. "

Josh came over and hugged me.

Okay,this is weird.

"Um..Law,can we talk outside?" Josh asked in a very strange manner.

"Ok..why?"

"Just come outside baby. "

Strange.

We walked outside and surprisingly, Josh held my hands and I felt like he was just doing this for fun. Josh was smiling like a man who saw his first time crush. The evening was airy and I already told Josh that I was on curfew and I was to get home by 6:00pm prompt.

5:15pm...what do you want to say,speak up.

"You know we've been friends since childhood and we practically grew up in each other's house and.."

Blah blah blah,what are you getting at?

"I know you're a tomboy and I want us to change that relationship between us, like I said,you're beautiful and you're everything a guy wants and..."

The breeze blew into my face and BOOM! It's raining cats and dogs. Then I start day dreaming of how cats and dogs would actually fall when rain falls,and then,I'm brought back to reality.

5:45pm

"I'm listening,keep it going..."I said.

"Well Lauren I just want to tell you that I'm in love with you and I want you to be my girlfriend. "

I don't have feelings,and you're supposed to know that. What is he talking about?

And in the tension of everything,I did something really stupid. I laughed out loud and I sounded like a horse.

"You're kidding,right? You almost got me Josh,nice one. Man...that was HILLARIOUS. " I said, hopefully thinking he was. 

"I've never been more serious than this,and you know that,don't you?"

"I hate to break this to you bro,but I don't date nobody. "

"Please.."

"I love you,but not to the extent of having a relationship with you. Cmon let's go!" I said.

Ouch! That really hurt him Lauren, good job.