Chapter One; Behind Closed Doors

Harry made his way down the football field, always being the last one to be picked, anyways. He sighed, for at least the millionth time since the 7th period bell had rung. Everything about that day was wrong, and annoying, more so than usual. Louis broke his routine by attempting to apologize, then shutting him down in the face of one of his friends. Harry licked his lips and sat on the bleachers, fixing his cleats.

He looked up to see Louis and his friends already on the field, playing, but his eyes never once left Louis. He was incredibly sexy. Especially when he was sweaty. His baby blue eyes reflected off of the bright green painted grass. His legs were so fit, as were his arms. But it’s what his legs led to that made Harry’s mind wander. Louis’ ass was to kill for, as was his little tummy. Harry’s eyes roamed up to the boy’s face. His chin was covered in a small amount of stubble. His lips were thin, but when he smiled, Harry’s whole world lit up. Even if Louis claimed to hate him in public, Harry was no stranger to how he felt about him.

He didn’t realize he was licking his lips until the older boy threw him a wink and continued to play. “Tosser,” Harry mumbled under his breath. He was such an arse for making him think he hated him in public.

A small, thin girl that Harry recognized well, walked over and sat beside him. "Always attracted to the assholes, aren't you Hazza?" Her american accent rang through Harry's ears as he turned to face her. 

"Ashleigh, if it were my choice, I would hate him just as much as he hates me. But you're a girl. You know how it goes. Girls want good guys, but they don't appeal to them because you expect an arsehole. When you end up with a good guy, who's never an ass, things get boring. I'm just a horny teenager." He smirked, shaking his head at her. "A horny teenager with needs."

"Ew, Harr-"

“Stlyes, Ashleigh, get on the field!” The gym teacher said.

Hesitantly, Harry got up and endured the pain that was the last period of the day.

--

Harry was finishing his math homework, and was almost done to when he heard a knock at his window. He ignored it, thinking it was a bird. His phone screen lit up.

“Open your window, Haz. X”

He didn’t want to smile, but he did when he turned and saw Louis standing there, smiling at him. Harry shut his Calculus book and walked to the window, opening it, and then pulling the older boy in.

“So that’s what you’re going to do, then? Torture me every day at school and expect me to still want to be friends with you?” Harry asked.

Louis looked up into Harry’s childlike, bright-green eyes and nodded. “I just… I do it because I’m scared of what the boys would do to me if I didn’t. If they knew about me…” He trailed off, worry in his voice.

Harry pulled at Louis’ arm, leading him over to the king sized bed in the middle of his room, falling on the black sheets and opening his arms. “You know, you’re lucky you’re a nice arsehole,” He mumbled. “Come here.” The younger boy finished, tugging the older boy down.

As usual, Harry was the bigger spoon. Louis crawled down and wrapped his arms around Harry, cuddling into his chest. “I’m not good with dealing with anything in a good way. I bully you, and I hate myself for it,” He whispered, looking up at Harry.

The green eye’d boy shook his head, his curls bouncing. He tucked one of Louis’ strands of fringe back a little, biting his lip. “If it’s protecting you, I’d do it the rest of my life. Besides, as much as I hate to admit it, holding you like this is worth all the bullying in the world.” He said, sighing slightly. 

"One day, it won't be like this. I won't be an arse. I won't treat you like shit. I promise." Louis said, snuggling against the boys chest, his eyes falling closed as he drifted off into dreamland.