Ardis

Hm, well this is odd, just got sent out and told to not come back. Maybe they hated me? Well they were probably right, I can't really do anything right. Well I wasn't exactly the kind of person to stay at home and do work, I still have that passion to fight monsters, no matter how strong they are, I am willing to take them on.
I've heard that there is a city that has its own kind of dungeon, with its own kind of leveling system, which hasn't exactly been made clear what's it like, and I'd like to figure it out, but one thing has been stuck in mind since I started following this path, "Where the hell is this town even at." I yelled out.
Crap, shouldn't have let my thoughts out. They're staring at me like I lost my mind.
"Maybe I could ask some of these people if they know where Stites is." And according to many, it's a city of myth, but I've been told that if you are chosen, a deity comes to you and helps you progress as an adventurer, but I don't just want to be an adventurer, I want to be a hero.
I'll just put a smile on my face and start asking around. Some of them seem weary around me though, maybe I shouldn't have let my thoughts slip out. Well this will be a little difficult, but I'm pretty sure I'll find away around it.
Maybe this man can help me,
"Uh, hello do you know anything about Stites?" I ask the man.
"Well, it's quite the city, wait you mean the city of adventure!?" He's asking quite happily.
"Yeah, the one with the big dungeon, and it gives adventurers the chance to become a hero."
"YES! That is the place that has made legends, sadly though the past legends died long ago, and many adventurers haven't become legends or even come close to becoming one."
He seems a little depressed about this, guess legends were important, but maybe he means hero's.
"Do you by chance, when saying legends, you mean hero's?" I ask, but his response seems a little hesitant, almost like it hurts him to ask the question.
"Well, actually hero's are considered above legends, and the last hero that lived..." he's hesitating, "died many centuries ago."
"You mean that there hasn't been a hero in the last couple centuries."
"Yes, that is correct." He's definitely depressed about this, but how did this conversation go from him being fired up to this.
"Well sir I actually have a dream that seems maybe a little far fetched."
"Hm?" He raised his eyebrows.
"I actually want to become a hero."
"Ah" he seems taken back by the sentence.
He lets out a sigh.
"Are you alright?" I ask him.
"Yeah, it's just every adventurer who's come here has only aimed to become a legend, but I haven't heard of an adventurer wanting to become a hero in ages, it's quite the surprise." He looks a little relieved.
"Can I ask your name?"
"Sure, if I can ask the same."
"Of course, my name is Ardis."
"Ardis, sounds like the name of a hero in the making, " as he says that I grin a bit, "my name is Leo."
"Leo, even if I don't get the chance to talk to you again, I will remember your name."
"Same here. Now then, you must be wondering where Stites is?"
"Yes"
"Well it's quite surprising, just keep following the path ahead and after a couple days, maybe two to three you should make it there."
"Thank you so much. Well I guess I better be heading there then." I say as I start to run down the path, but he says something that gets my attention.
"Hold on I have something to give you." He hands me a map of the city.
"But won't you need this?"
"I may be old but I've been there many times before, it's in my head, I'll be fine."
"Well if you say so. Now then I'll be off" I say as I run off.
"Do your best, I'll be cheering you on if I ever see you." He says to me while waving, that puts a smile on my face. I'll be sure to remember that face, sharp, brown eyes, with brown hair, I'll be sure to remember that face.