Did you just curse?

Being the leader of the Order of Shadow was way more stressful than younger Kayn would have ever expected.

He sighs, closing the door behind him. His room was haven, for the shadows greeted Shieda and kept him huddled under the low light, being just barely enough to see what was in front of him. The scythe-wielder always liked the darkness, as far as he could remember. They made him feel safer, like they were a part of his own body and mind.

Kayn's steps are quiet, and you couldn't hear it even if he wanted you to. He's stressed, sure — you can read it all over his face —, but it doesn't mean he's less careful about being silent. Specially because he doesn't want to wake up the person laid on his bed, softly snoring in their peaceful sleep.

He stands right by the bed, his white eyes staring at the man huddled under the soft fabric, almost completely hidden by it. The broad shoulders are tensed up, and all of his body is curled up behind the thin sheets; he's cold, and, being so, the man awake swiftly moves through the room and grabs a thicker blanket for that pretty little thing he adores so much. He looks so vulnerable, yet so... beautiful. How could someone harm such a creature? Even the most cold-blooded of assassins would hesitate in doing so. And Shieda Kayn was known for being a very cold-blooded assassin.

There is a moment where the now leader of the Order of Shadow thinks about making the lights just a little bit brighter.

A smile comes across his face, and, although it's noon and he feels no desire to sleep, the wall-walker lays down besides his lover.

Some say that the man had no heart, and that should be feared. Even Kayn himself has said such a thing to his scythe before its demise. He liked the thought of being feared. Kayn's favorite weapon, in fact, was fear (that, of course, being before he wielded Rhaast for the first time).
But the dark-haired beauty in front of him? That man, if not proving that the Shadow Reaper indeed had a heart, made Kayn realize that, whatever he thought the word "love" meant, he was wrong. He was oh so wrong.

Now, that doesn't mean he didn't really care about Zed, the previous leader of the Order. Shieda looked up to him as any other Yánléi member did, and secretly appreciated the special treatment he'd get for being the master's favorite (and best) student. It was a different kind of love, you could say.

Although they would never admit it, they were like father and son. All the manners, dress codes, fightstyles and even languages Kayn had ever known were teached by the white-haired man who took care of him ever since he was but a scared child caught in the ionian battlegrounds amongst the disastrous war against Noxus. They had a family bond, and that he was grateful for.

But this feeling?

This was something else.

He grinned, hearing the soft rumble his lover made from time to time. A little chuckle could be heard as Kayn's hand, covered in tattoos that granted him the ability to use the shadow technique, gently stroke the other man's cheek. Even under the low light, his skin looked like the finest porcelain you could ever find on the First Lands. How could you ever believe this pretty face, almost doll-like, belongs to a mighty and fierce warrior, whose skills compared to the scythe-wielder himself?

The more he stared, the more he wanted to hold and protect him from the world, but he knew his lover wasn't helpless. Kayn is pretty sure he would be beaten up in a fair fight if they ever attempted to do one again.