Solangelo One-Shot

Nico sits in a tree, staring out into the night sky. He doesn't care that it's past midnight, or that he shouldn't be out anyway; the patrol harpies usually steer clear of him. He's debating whether or not he should stay. If he shadow travels one more time he will literally fade into nothingness. But really, would that be so bad? He's never fitted in anywhere. Maybe nowhere is where he belongs.

Nico takes a deep breath. It won't hurt, will it? And even if it does, he'll welcome the pain.

"I'm sorry I turned out to be a major disappointment..." He murmurs to no one in particular.

He closes his eyes, bracing for death, until an annoying voice breaks his concentration.

He'd recognize that voice anywhere. That damned son of Apollo.

"You don't disappoint me." Will gives his most blinding smile in a failed attempt to lighten the mood.

As he is a son of Apollo, Nico knows Will doesn't like the dark much... only, for some reason, when it comes to Nico. Will probably took an interest in him to overcome his fears, or maybe he was forced to keep an eye on him. Everyone has a true motive hidden behind their somewhat good-willed intentions in the end; Nico learned that the hard way.

"What do you want, Solace?" The son of Hades snaps, suddenly unable to bring himself to suicide. "Why are you even awake? Shouldn't you be doing your job in the infirmary?"

Will doesn't flinch at Nico's tone, and it seems to only fuel him to talk more. "I was out gathering some materials and I guess I lost track of time. Why are you awake?"

"Are you really asking that? I'm the son of Hades, I live in darkness." He says before jumping down from the tree and landing in front of Will. He looks up at the son of Apollo, studying his face. Will is blonde, tall, always enthusiastic and funny and kind to everyone, and very good-looking (though Nico would never admit it); the complete opposite of himself. And he looks like he actually, genuinely cares.

"What's it to you? Why do you care, huh, Solace? No one has before, why are you starting now?" He looks down. "My sister abandoned me for some Girl Scouts, my mother was killed, and I'm pretty sure my father hates me."

Will shades his face, suddenly serious. There's still softness to his voice, but Nico can tell he wants his point made. "I care about you, Nico. I don't think you deserve to go through this alone. Even if you have lost so much, I'm still here with you. You've just played a big part in saving the world, even though you had nothing to lose. You still pushed foward and tried your best. And I really admire you for that."

Nico was tired...so...so tired. He just wanted to feel happy again. Even somewhat safe would do. It had been so long, he had almost forgotten what it felt like.

Suddenly, he sees a silhouette of a girl behind a tree, and he immediately feels ashamed that the girl heard what he said.

"I don't need your pity, I don't need... I've been through Tartarus and back, alone. I don't need anyone." He says quickly, and is about to leave, until the girl steps forward and Nico sees her face.

"Are you okay?" Will asks, a bit confused upon seeing Nico's shocked expression.

Bianca holds a serious and dark gaze as she steps forward.

"I didn't abandon you, Nico," she says, her voice tender and soft, just as it was all those years ago when she comforted him at night when he had a bad dream.

Nico isn't sure what to think, or what to do, or say, and he feels like his world is in a standstill, and suddenly it's just the three of them: the ghost king, the long lost sister, and Nico's anchor, the star that works so hard to shine that brightly in the darkness.