𝗼𝗻𝗲.

𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄; 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄;
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒.
𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀. 1983.

"something's coming. something hungry for blood." mike whispers, "a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." dustin wipes his nose as y/n glares intensely at mike giving his campaign.

"—it is almost here." he finishes.

"what is it?" will anxiously asks.

"what if it's the demogorgon? oh, jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon!" dustin panics, leaving the other four to stare at him.

lucas groans, "it's not the demogorgon!"

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike slams the piece down onto the board, making dustin & y/n jump.

"troglodytes?" dustin smiles, causing lucas to turn to him, "told ya." he chuckles teasingly at the curly headed boy.

will & y/n glance at each other before they start laughing too. mike stayed quiet, staring at his best friends before he reaches under his 'wall of division' or so he calls it.

"wait a minute..." he said softly. "do you hear that?" he looks over his own shoulder. "that... that sound? boom... boom... BOOM!" he slams his fist onto the table, everyone jumping now.

"that didn't come from the troglodytes."

y/n swallowed, "no... that came from something else."

there's an unsettling silence between the five of them before mike finally slams down the piece again. "the demogorgon!"

"we're in deep shit!" dustin exclaims as he throws his hands up. y/n & mike look over, "will, your action!"

will started to panic, "i-i don't know!"

"fireball him!" lucas told his teammates. they all glanced at each other frequently, waiting for the next move.

"i'd have to roll a thirteen or higher!"

"too risky, cast a protection spell." dustin generously offers to will.

"—don't be a pussy, fireball him!"
"—cast protection."

y/n chimes in, "will, i would just cast protection."