Chapter one: opportunity

Zinnia's P.O.V

It's currently 12:34am.
I had heard from some townsfolk that the ship was arriving at 1:00pm . As a child I lived by the sea and I would think about how much I wanted to explore it so often, and I had always thought about how amazing it just be to be out on a ship and explore the ocean. the ocean, and now was my chance. I had been planning this for the past two years, and finally I am able to do it. I  I pulled on a sailors outfit that was my father's, I had cut my hair a few days before all this because I knew that the only way to get in the boat was to appear more boyish, I already have quite a masculine body, but I have a high voice, that sounds like a schoolboy's, but since I'm 18 it's quite unfavorable, so I have to keep my mouth shut as much a possible. I put my shoes on and check the time. Shit! 12:50.
Have no way of transportation, so I have to go on foot, and the port is a good 8 minutes from my small house, but that's no including all the things I have to do to get there. I run out the door and run. To the port as fast as I can.

I get there and I was able to sneak past a few people and onto the boat when a tall man approached me. "Hey, It's great to see a new face on board. What's your name?"

Oh. Fuck. I didn't know what to say, I haven't thought of a name so I respond quietly "I'm Xavier, nice meeting you" he smiled and shook my hand "nice meeting ya Xavier, I'm Max"