Chapter 2

Michael was quite shocked by that, by her, did she really think that's all she was good for?
She was so much more, in his eyes she was beautiful, she was smart, funny, kind, caring, damn right perfection. She had him hooked, out of all the women he's been with, and he's been with a lot, she was the only one who actually managed to capture his eye and keep it, ever since their very first encounter those many moons ago at the casino when Jessica acted as a wealthy widow in attempt to solve her friends murder. The moment he laid his eyes upon her, sat there chatting to another woman, he knew then that he'd never be able to find another woman like her, and he just had to get to know her, of course he knew she wasn't who she said she was after all he had met the much shorter woman and she definitely wasn't as beautiful as this Strawberry blonde. He just had to find a way to get her alone.
And boy was he glad he did, ever since that first glance she had took his breath away, and he hadn't been able to breath properly since.

"No of course not!" He raises his voice slightly, causing the woman to jump at his sudden little outburst then sighs.
"Jessica, Jessie, never say that, you mean much more to me than anything, my girl" he lowered his voice, pronouncing each word with that Irish tang.
"honestly Michael that is how it seems, whenever we meet you always involve me in one of your undercover cases, even though I tell you countless times not to do so, not to mention the many times I've had to lie for you, to the police might I add. You turn on that charm of yours and you just walk all over me. And Don't even get me started on the situations you've put me in." Jessica still had her back turned to him, eyes still roaming the painting before her.
"I always get you out of those situations and I wouldn't let any real harm come to you Jess,  you know that." She could feel his presence behind her, his warmth of his breath against the skin of her neck.
"And I enjoy working with you, we're so much better together than apart, And I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy having you all to me self." She could just imagine the smug grin on his face as she felt his hands caressing along her arms.
Semi-aware of the affect he had on her. Jessica remained silent, eyes still focused on the golden framed painting.

Was he just saying that? Or did he actually mean it?

Jessica was brought back to reality by the pair of strong arms that wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer until her back pressed against his chest, he then lowers his head, resting it on her shoulder.
Jessica stiffens slightly, however she soon relaxes, unable to stop the shivers running down her spine, and her quickened heartbeat.
She hated the way he made her feel, truth be told she even felt guilty. She loved frank dearly and when he left she was heart broken, but she can't help the way he makes her feel.

"It's beautiful ain't it, the painting " the warmth of his breath against her neck, causing the tiny hairs to stand up, a small smile made its way to her lips, she closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the attention.
"Yes , yes it is" she whispered as Michael nudged his nose against her ear, when the door opened causing Jessica to jump and quickly push him away.
"Eh sorry if I interrupted anything but here's your bags Mrs " A young brown haired man smiled.
"Oh no you didn't interrupt anything, and thank you for bringing my cases up. Here. " The blonde smiled taking her luggage and handing the young man a small tip.
"You didn't have to give him anything " Michael said as he took her luggage from her and headed through two big doors that led to a master bedroom.

"Oh my , it's lovely " Jessica looked around taking in every inch of the room, from the four poster king sized bed to the little jar of mints placed upon the solid oak dresser.
"Ay it is " he looked at the woman beside him, with a smile upon his face.
"what I'm looking at 'tis very lovely " he adds.
"Oh hush, and stop buttering me up " Jessica rolls her eyes at the crafty man before her.
"now where do I sleep and where do you sleep?" She looks to Michael placing her hands on her hips.
"Well you sleep in here my girl, and ah I can sleep in here with you, because it's big enough for four people to sleep in, so it's plenty big enough for two, unless you don't want me to then I'll sleep on the settee " He looks at her with that devilish grin and that sparkle in his eyes.

"I'll see" Jessica smirks meeting his gaze for a moment before changing the subject.
"Hoho" Michael chuckles rubbing his hands together earning an eye roll from Jessica, though a smile could be seen on her lips.