absence

I wonder how we ended up here.

There's a dead teenaged girl laying on the ground, and there's also you and me.

You're still shirtless. Purple and bruised skin seems to be everywhere. I'm guessing she gave you all of that.

You look scared. Who wouldn't?

You look like you're about to break. Maybe you should let it all out.

I mean, I know, personally, that letting out your cries makes you feel just a little bit better.

Eventually, the air that had been clogging your throat finally became unstuck and I watched as a sob broke past your lips. You hugged your knees tightly, mumbling incoherent sentences.

It's an usual sight to me; you crying. You've never cried in front of me, physically.

I shifted towards you and awkwardly rubbed your shoulder to make you feel at ease. However, the touch is bittersweet.

I wish I could comfort you more, but of course, there are boundaries as we still remain as just 'friends'.

You scratch your scalp aggravatingly and your tears have stained your cheeks. You hiccup, holding a cupped hand to your mouth.

"I'm so scared," I hear your voice crack.

I respond back.

"Don't be."

The next day, you were actually at school.

Everyone looked at you with judging stares though. All students had heard about Bo-ram's death, and I'm guessing they were suspecting it was you that did something to her.

You look, well, scared.

Everybody in school avoided you and all your friends spat nasty, crude phrases at you. As if you were some murderer.

You look so damaged. It's giving me a heartache.

You didn't come to school for the next couple days, which soon turned to weeks, to months.

Your reputation dropped quite low and everyone thought that you probably dropped out of school.

I don't think you dropped out.

But I hope you did.

Maybe you moved houses. You've disappeared completely. It's like you don't even exist anymore.

Perhaps you've just moved to another state? There's absolutely no sight of you. But I hope that you're doing well.

I found you.

That's sad. I didn't expect you to go down that path.

May I join you too?

E N D.