The Deal

"Gentlemen, and lady," Alastor said with a grin that would have scared the most terrifying demon clown, "We all know why we are here. The 'Ink and Quill' is desperate for a makeover. And we begin that makeover with new management. Edgar, I have an offer for you here." 

At this, Alastor pulled a folded bit of paper from his pocket and slid it over to my cousin. Edgar picked it up with a disdainful sniff and opened it. 

"This is robbery!" He snarled, tossing the paper down, "My business is worth at least ten times this amount!" 

"That may be so," Alastor replied leaning back in his chair, "However, you don't have much of a choice. Either refuse my offer, your investors pull out, and you go bankrupt. Or, you can take my offer and sell your company over to me so you can walk away with at least something. Your investors already back me, so that's all there is to it." 

Edgar glared at the Radio demon with intense hatred, "And what does (Y/N) have to do with any of this?"

"I told you," Alastor repeated slowly as if he was talking to a child, "She's here as my business partner. Now, will you agree to the number I just gave you or do you want to spiral down the pit of bankruptcy?" 

While Edgar sat there, going back and forth between purple-faced hatred and sour-faced acceptance, Alastor pulled out a stack of legal papers. He set it before Edgar with a page designated for a signature on top. 

"All you have to do is sign here," He said, "Do we have a deal?" After a long moment of consideration, Edgar picked up the pen and signed the document.

"Excellent," Alastor said in a cheerful tone, pulling the papers back out of Edgar's reach, "Now that the dirty bit is done, I would like to get down to the real business. You gentlemen may know I am a very busy person, and to be frank, my expertise lies with radio. However, the daily running of the paper will be entrusted into good hands. Gentlemen, I would like you to meet (Y/N), she will be acting in my interest with this endevor."

"WHAT?" Edgar roared, jumping to his feet so violently that his heavy chair tipped over backward. All eyes turned to the red-faced demon glaring at Alastor and I.

"You are giving my newspaper to that two-faced tramp?" He spat, pointing an accusing finger at me. 

"No, I am entrusting my newspaper to a capable, intelligent woman." Alastor's voice had gone cold and his smile had turned predatory, "Now kindly remove yourself from the building before I throw you out it bits."