Chapter Thirty.

I turned my head back around so that the only thing I could see in front of me were the stars and the moon. I stared at them, noticing how every star seemed to be trying to outshine one another with their constant sparkling, but somehow each and everyone of them were different from the other, already making them stand out. They remind me of myself in some ways, me trying so hard to outshine my sister, but in the end, unlike the stars, we weren't that different. We still had the same jobs, hung around the same people, known for the same thing, and everyone knows us as one, because we got famous as one.

And the moon, was whole another story. Even with the sparkling of each star, calling for attention, the moon, was just shining so bright, not even trying. It was so big in the sky, and it also captivating, standing out in different ways then the stars. The moon reminded me of Jack, in many ways actually. Like the moon, he was different from everyone else in the crowd. He held a mysterious outlook to other people, and that's the thing that made him pop from others. He had the bad boy vibe that girls swoon over, but most of the time he wouldn't even try. Sure, he would style his hair at times or try to wear the freshest shoes, but even if his hair was in a mess, sticking all over the place, and the simplest of clothes, he would look absolutely amazing. He didn't even have to try to stand out, because his personality and aurora already did it for him. And what makes him shine above all is how he has a soft side, a side he usually doesn't show people, but when he does, it lights up the whole world.

I don't know how long we laid there as I made comparisons of the stars and the moon with me and Jack, while Jack laid right beside me awaiting for an answer. I guess he got impatient though, because he reached his hand out, grasping onto mine, squeezing it softly. "Lys," he said again, making me tear my gaze from the night sky above of me right back to him.

He didn't need to repeat his question again, because just by looking in his eyes, I knew that he genuinely wanted to know. I could see the sincerity in his eyes, and I could feel his concern by the way he gripped onto mine, not too tightly, but just enough for me to know that he was truly bothered by why I was crying in my sleep, and what was it that I didn't tell him.  

"I-I," I sat up, "It's just hard to explain," I finally let out.

He sat up too, placing his hand on my upper back, rubbing up and down the area, soothing me. He didn't question me any further, although I knew that he wanted to know. He kept on rubbing my back, letting me relax for awhile, before I had the strength to tell him.

I let out a huge sigh, and Jack stopped rubbing my back, but he still kept his hand there. "I had a bad dream, like a nightmare, I guess you could say?"

I stopped talking, but he didn't ask for me to continue. He listened, and respected my pace of talking, and that was one of the qualities I love about him. It was also one of the qualities that amazed me the most, since he was always so forceful with everything, but with me, at times like this, he knew well enough to not interrupt.

"It was about you," I continued, and he straightened his posture, "I dreamt that you slept with me, and that was all you wanted me for was sex and fame," I cringed a bit as I heard myself say that word, "and then you broke up with me, telling me that I meant nothing."

He removed his hand from my back, making me yearn for his touch again, but he answered my call of his warmthness by placing his hands on my cheeks. "Don't cry," he whispered, and I blinked at him, confused, until he brushed the threatening tear away. I hadn't noticed that my vision had gotten a bit blurry, or the tear was slightly touching the bags under my eyes, until he pointed it out. I was too caught up in him and in his actions and reactions.

"I will never leave you," he whispered the only thing I wanted to hear, after my dream. "You mean too much to me now."

"Promise?"