9 - A Dire Warning

A few months later, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were fit enough for another mission. Nezuko relayed all of the information she had gained from Tanjiro to the Master before eagerly going on on her next mission.

She was intent to find Tanjiro or Muzan... or Lower Five.

The demon slayers had scoured the mountain but hadn't found a trace of Tanjiro or the lower moon. Nezuko was ready to go and resume the search elsewhere.

She had received a new sword and almost got stabbed in the process by the sword's furious forger but that had been fine...

Inosuke had almost been murdered too for bashing rocks against his sword... it was fine, everything was fine, they were fine...

All three of them had learned Total Concentration Breathing, constant, and that made them all feel rather accomplished. Now, they were off on a new mission, this one took place on a strange thing called a "train", although that name meant nothing to Nezuko until she actually saw the thing.

That was another fiasco. Nezuko reminded herself to send Tanjiro a mental picture of it the next time they spoke, he would be awed by it.

After another fiasco involving Inosuke headbutting the train and police chasing them, the trio finally boarded the train and sat down, appreciating the moment. After the train began moving, the group decided to explore a bit. It was rather startling to Nezuko to be moving so fast while she did nothing but it was also immensely awesome.

A few minutes into their exploration they found a familiar face.

"Rengoku?" Nezuko asked peering over the seat at the man who was chowing down on his eleventh bento box while announcing "Yummy".

He was certainly a unique character.

The now quartet of demon slayers sat down and talked fervently with one another. Inosuke challenging the pillar to an arm-wrestling match which was hilarious to Nezuko and Zentistu, especially when the boar-masked boy was sent crashing to the floor. 

Nezuko asked Kyojuro about the demon corps and how to become a pillar.

"You sound like you're interested," Kyojuro laughed.

"I am," Nezuko nodded, "If I became a pillar, I'd pose a serious threat to Muzan... and maybe that would lure him out of hiding."

"You want to be bait?" Kyojuro asked.

Nezuko smiled, "I want to be a thorn in his side."

Kyojuro laughed and decided that he too liked this girl, "Well, I could make you my tsuguko. That would definitely start you off on the right path."

Nezuko tilted her head, confused, "But... I don't use flame breathing."

Kyojuro dismissed that and began to explain how the breathing styles weren't so different. Nezuko was listening until a familiar presence weaved into her mind; Tanjiro.

"Danger" she heard him hiss.

Nezuko jumped to her feet and looked around.

"Nezuko-chan, what is it?" Zenitsu asked.

Inosuke had his head out the window and was laughing.

Kyojuro looked at the girl and then around at the train car.

"Something's wrong," Nezuko announced. She looked down the train car but saw nothing except the conductor moving down the train, punching people's tickets. Tanjiro's mind focused on the conductor and Nezuko did as well...