Not What I Planned

Life roared by, as a short black hair in a twintail style with black eyes sat in a grungy alleyway, twirling a cherry flavored lollipop in her left hand. She is wearing a black sailor uniform and a wears a red belt that has a red side skirt cover. Adorning her arms are red leather gauntlets. On her feet she is wearing long black socks with black shoes.

Blank eyes surveyed various people passing by the opening. One was on his phone, rushing somewhat in a fast manner. Another was a blonde haired girl who was skipping down the street, with a smile on her face. All sorts of people seemed to pass her by, big and small, wealthy and poor, beautiful and ugly. Terms that society labeled them, no choice of their own.

Tears pricked at her eyes as a tiny yawn left her lips, finally deciding to stand up. Her hand hovered above her face, as she looked towards the sky. A frown settled across her face and she lowered her hand. "Well, I guess I'll skip school today." A low mutter sounded.

It was noon at any rate, it wouldn't even be worth it to go to school and avoid people like the plague.

Filthy.

Ugly.

Humans.

A harsh look in the girl's eyes flickered before turning into the dull passive look she had on before. Nobody the wiser about the actions that took place. The girl picked up a bag and slung it over her right shoulder. She swept her bangs off to the side before heading out of the ally. 

Her had slide into her skirt cover as she dug out a couple pieces of yen. "I'm so getting coffee today." She murmured. "Maybe some cookies would be nice as well."

The girl stayed away from the crowds as she let her body aimlessly meander to the coffee shop she knew the way to by heart. 

Tiny hums left her lips as she finally reached the coffee shop. Pushing open the door, her expression turned into a frown. The shop was completely void of life, not a single soul resided in it. It simply wasn't natural, not that she didn't mind avoid humans. 

The girl simply wanted her coffee and cookies.

...

"Asari Kaede." The shades in the coffee shop dropped as the soft tune of the girl's name was spoken off of someone's lips. Whipping around in surprise, Kaede saw a light blue haired girl most likely around her age standing behind the counter. Two Gomorin, the city's mascots, stood on either side of her. "What is it that you wish for in life?" 

Kaede's eyes flashed dangerously as she glanced around her, preparing for any attacks. "Well right now I was hoping for a cup of coffee and cookies but I don't suppose that with be happening at the current moment would it." She spat out reaching inside her bag. The touch of bamboo greeted her as her hand curled around a handle to a small kendo sword.

Pulling it out her eyes fleeted around the shop. "Relax, we mean you no harm." The melodic sound of the girl's voice rang out across the room. 

"I find that hard to believe. Otherwise you wouldn't have trapped me in here. So forgive me if I don't seem to believe you. So, who the hell are you, and what do you want from me?" Her grip tightened around the sword as she stared at the newcomer.

"Such unpleasant language coming from a lady." The girl walked around counter and sat at a table near Kaede. "Sonozaki Noriko. That would be my name. I am in Sugomori High School Class 2-A, much like yourself."

"And what do you want from me?" Kaede repeated her question to Noriko as it was still left unanswered. 

Noriko tilted her head slightly to the right, her hair tumbling with the sudden shift. "I wish to connect all people in this world. Nothing more would please me then to connect everyone through their pain." A blink from Kaede interrupted her statement. "Don't you wish to connect to someone Kaede? Everyone has an innate desire to connect with someone don't you agree?"

Kaede's gaze hardened at that statement, "That would be the farthest thing from the truth... Noriko was your name? Well let's just say I hate humanity; everyone could be left to rot for all I care. Connecting with people is the last thing I'd want to do."

A small hum left Noriko as she stood up. "Well, you don't really have a choice in the matter. So sin of melancholy- or should I say the sin of despair and self-hatred, will you come with me peacefully or shall we do this the hard way?"

The silent response came when Kaede slammed her kendo sword into the head of a Gomorin that was attempting to sneak up on her. "You are taking me nowhere." She snarled, teeth grinding against one another. 

"My apologizes Kaede, but you simply don't have a choice in the matter." Noriko said in that stupid passive voice she already hated. More Gomorin's appeared in the shop, at least a good ten of them.

How they even fit in was beyond Kaede's imagination. One by one they started to leap towards her. She pushed off the floor and leaped into the air, her eyes flickered over the different Gomorins that had swarmed the room. 

Her kendo sword quickly swung in a downwards direction to hit the Gomorin nearest to her. Another one quickly wobbled it's way over to her with a frying pan attempting to hit her. Dropping to the ground, Kaede quickly swung her leg out, causing it to crash into the ground.

A slim hand suddenly wrapped around her neck, Kaede flinching at the contact. Noroki. That stupid girl. She started struggling as the hand started to constrict her airflow. "Damn it- let go of me. I'll come with you just stop touching me." Kaede said in a panic as hazy black spots started to cover her vision.

"This is merely a safety precaution. Rest easy Asari Kaede, for you shall be connected soon."