Chapter 1: The Beginning of an End.

It was a quiet night, the sky empty with nothing but the moons light blessing the earth below, illuminating the land just enough to see. While it was peaceful, the air was still, and was quiet; too quiet. A cloaked man stood patiently on a pillar, his eyes observing the land before him. He had entered what's as known as the Tree Village, a place known for its beautiful springs, warm summers, and rich resources. It was a very largely populated village, matter of fact, it was the biggest village amongst the five others. The village was a main source of trade and commerce, an essential to the other villages successful economy.

Each village also had a very well trained militia, ones filled with trained worriers who carry an ability to mold and manipulate their mana. Mana is a life force that runs through all things, connecting everyone to one another. Some carry the ability to use their mana in combat, who are often drafted into the villages militia. They are given missions to help around their village, act as escorts for the wealthy and important, while also carrying out other missions to keep their village and people from danger. Their system is much more complex than a simple police force, but what is this all for? What are these forces made to do? To prevent calamity.

The man who stood before the tree village hand taken a deep breath, his body lowering the surface of the pillar. Suddenly, he vanished. He had leaped into the sky, reaching almost fifty feet above where he once stood, which was already close to one hundred feet above the village streets. As the man reached his peak height, he had bit his thumb, drawing just a small amount of blood, creating an open wound for his mana to manifest itself and summon forth what the man had needed. With a large gust of wind and puff of smoke, a massive beast had been summoned forth, standing at almost two-hundred feet tall and one-hundred feet long. The beast was a large flaming tiger that had let out an earth shaking roar. The sudden roar caused panic, only before the beast had swiped angrily at the buildings within the villages. Screams filled the air, the tiger beast setting ablaze to the village of trees. Before the leader of the village and its forces could react and work to bring down the beast, the man that had summoned forth this destruction had stood atop of the beasts head. The man raised his hand, holding up two fingers as the beast then roared once more, this time louder. The cloaked man had lowered his body and left the scene immediately before being spotted.

As the man left the coming destruction, the sounds of screams and explosions had faded slightly. He stopped his movements as another figure had met his side. "Did the others do what was ordered?" The man asked the second cloaked figure. The second figure spoke in a feminine tone, her words sweet like honey, yet carried deadly intent "Yes. The beasts have been summoned in the Sand, Mountain, Demon, Rain, and Ocean villages." The man nodded to the woman before standing straight. The woman also stood, looking back to the rising smoke and glowing flames. As the two stand patiently, a third cloaked figure arrives. The man speaks to the third, his voice demanding "You've finally arrived, I had done part of your job." The third figure said nothing, his silence speaking a thousand words "hmph. Well, go and finish what I had so graciously started for you." The third cloaked figure nodded, vanishing from his original position to enter the tree village. The man looked over at the female, nodded before he too had vanished. The woman followed him shortly after, moving in the opposite direction from the third.

The third cloaked figure had  entered the village from a back way, landing on top of a large cliff side and over saw the village. The man lowered his hood, revealing his features. He had fluffed and unkept jet black hair, while his eyes were a glowing neon blue color. Though, what was unsettling about his appearance was the scars. His  lower jaw down to his neck looked burnt and otherworldly, the same for under his eyes, patches of what seemed to be burnt flesh. His regular skin was a pale color, rough to the touch, other small scars from scratches and cuts along his face. The man removed his cloak to reveal what he wore under. He had a dark trench coat, the sleeves rolled up to his for arms, showing a similar burned texture on either arm, all the way up to his fingers, making a fingerless gloves like look. Under the black trench coat, was a white t-shirt accompanied by black pants and boots.

The man kept his hands at either side, his coat dancing slightly in the breeze as he gazed upon the chaos that roared before him. His face showed no sign of remorse, rather his eyes had radiated bliss and enjoyment, hearing the screams and yells from below, only to have it be over powered by the thundering roars of the flaming beast. Despite his clear enjoyment, he had a mission to fulfill. He stepped off the cliff, allowing his body to free fall before landing swiftly on his feet. He dashed through the alley ways, maneuvering around the falling debris and frantic citizens. The man leaped from an open street way, landing atop a building. He moved with such speed, he was nothing but a blur appearing from roof top to rooftop, all until he reached his destination; the village leaders head quarters. As people attempted to save theirs and other people's lives, the man had slipped into the large building that acted as  not only the leaders building, but the villages over all head quarters. The man had broken through the window to the main office, his eyes scanning the area as he began searching through the offices contents. Only a few moments had passed before he had gathered what he needed. He moved back to the broken window, looking over his shoulder to see the door open to the office. The man extended out his left hand, a massive burst of blue flames setting ablaze to the office. The man left through the window, another figure leaving in pursuit of the man.

The flaming tiger beast continued to attack the village, killing and destroying with no intent of stopping. The man maneuvered through all the destruction, making his way back to the beast. He leaped upwards, running along side buildings before jumping up to the beasts head. He turned to face forward, noticing a figure following him closely, only to turn and continue running. The man had a slight change in goals, leading the figure following him to a secluded area just outside the village. The man knew who was in pursuit of him, and planned to eliminate him tonight.