Chapter fourteen

Selena March

I was driving away from the bar and towards Asriel's house in thought.
Gina had just told me that she bumped into Asriel.

"Asriel Parker is hot. I just bumped into him. It is so hard to get his attention plus he seemed in a hurry. He came from the back door carrying a suspicious looking bag.... Is he still single?"

Gina was blabbing excitedly and it made me laugh and she joined in. Deciding to finally part ways, I went home and she decided to follow mister hottie.

I asked her why and her exact words were
"He might just lead us to more clues. Its not like I'm already crushing on him, its for work purposes"

I rolled my eyes at her because I knew her so well. Whenever Gina was interested in a guy, she would 'stalk' him for a week before trying anything.

She said it was to make sure that she was not interested in a murderer.

When I got to the house, I went straight to my room to get ready for the dinner party.

For some reason, I was exited to go with Asriel. Not that I liked him, I knew I could keep an eye on him better.

I rolled my eyes at my lame excuse.

By the time I was done, it was two minutes past seven. I wondered what took Asriel so long. Not that I was buggy but Asriel was ALWAYS on time.

I stared at my reflection and smiled in satisfaction.

I had put on a grey body hugging off shoulder dress. It was somewhat sparkling but mostly plain. It reached just above my knees giving me that 'business world' look. I loved how it looked on me.

I made a mental note to thank Ataliah for the dress later.

My hair was in a tight bun held in place by one pin. I had made sure to put on light make up. I also put on small studs and a silver necklace.

To finish the look, I put on grey stiletto heels and carried a small silver purse. It was a small purse but it was big enough to house a gun and my cell phone.

07 : 13 PM

I was getting annoyed with Asriel. He was thirteen minutes late. I even made a mental note to yell at him but immediately canceled it - as much as it sounded appealing, he was not my boyfriend. He was my boss.

A knock on the door made me more excited than I should have gotten. He was finally here.

I opened the door and couldn't help feel disappointed, I did try to hide it.

It was Asaiah at the door, not Asriel. Not that I minded.

Oh who was I kidding, of course I minded.

"You look amazing." Asaiah said with a smile. I smiled back at him, silently hoping Asriel was about to pop up.

"Thanks, you also look nice." I said honestly. He had put on a navy blue dinner suit that looked good on him. His hair was combed nicely making him look like a handsome rich business man.