Chapter Two: A new job?

(Hey guys! Yes it's Lillian and yes this chapter is finally done and now will be posted sorry for the wait!! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my best friend! Tevin He encourages me to keep writing and always says the nicest things about my books so I want to dedicate this chapter to him ❤💙 love you all keep on moving forward)

A few days later Lila is pacing around her apartment waiting for a phone call she’s flushed from how nervous she is she glances into her small hallway mirror sighing as her cheeks and nose are flushed a bright pink the color of her cheeks contrast with her pale skin making the pinkness on her face more noticeable. She keeps pacing while ringing her hands racing to her phone pausing from her nervousness before picking it up and answering “hello?” She says still slightly hesitant as a woman speaks “hello, is this Lila Henderson?” The women ask stumbling over Lila’s last name a bit almost pronouncing it wrong “yes this is she” she says cringing at herself.  She’s so nervous because her life depends on this call it’s the flower shop that’s hiring and this phone call is where she finds out if she got the job or not the rustling of paper can be heard from the ladies side of the phone as Lila waits for her to speak.
The women clear’s her throat and speaks “well Ms. Henderson I’d like to congratulate you because you got the job” the women says and Lila’s whole body relaxes as she let’s out a breath she didn’t know she was holding “thank you ma’am” she says as happiness flows through her body.  The women wishes her a good day and hangs up after letting her know she starts work on Monday that's in three days Lila sets her phone down and let’s out a happy squeal jumping around her kitchen as happiness and relief crashes into her body like waves in the ocean she remembers she needs to call Kade and tell him the news.

Lila picks up her phone dialing his number she hears it ring before he picks up answering it “Lila did you get the call?” He asks worry in his voice “yep I got the call I have some news for you” she says showing no emotion she hears him take a breath “oooh-lila” he says before she cuts him off “I GOT THE JOB” she half talks half yells into the phone she hears Kade let put a small groan as pain before he answers.
“Women use your inside voice but I’m so freaking happy for you!!!” He says the happiness clear in his voice “I also have some news for you,” he says Lila hearing the nervousness in his voice before he continues “I met someone his names Damarcus he’s from Mexico and he’s a ceo of the biggest law firm in new-York,” he says knowing her questions.
She smiles happy for him “that’s great Kade I’m proud of you for getting a man” she giggles out making Kade laugh and tell her to shut up they talk for another hour before saying goodbye hanging up Lila’s happy she got the job she just quit at the printing shop so if she didn’t get the job she’d have been screwed.
She walks into her living room the carpet on the floor making her footsteps barely audible as she makes her way to her bookshelf she scans her books before grabbing one flopping down onto her ugly floral couch letting out a sigh as she reads, the tv plays music quietly as she just relaxes everything is peaceful Her eyes flutter closed slowly after a while as she falls into a light sleep.
The ocean was forging its own sea-song as the waves were crawling gently to the shore Lila stood on a rock her hair flowing in the wind as her breath was shallow she was looking across the water at the sunset that was making the water glimmer with shades of red and orange it was beautiful she felt as tho it was calling to her.
She takes a step forward slipping and crashing into the ocean the water pulled her in like it was grasping onto it’s prey the waves push her deeper into the vast darkness below. 
The loud noises soon vanish as her eyes flutter open she’s at the bottom ocean everything’s calm and silent no movement to be seem it’s peaceful almost eerie as she looks around confused. 
How and why was she here what did any of this mean before she can move she’s flung up and out of the water the air leaving her lungs in a panicked gasp of desperation.
Lila shoots up off her couch with a panicked gasp as she clutches her chest she eye’s flicker around the room before her body relaxes she gets up off the couch slowly making her way into the kitchen.
The time reads eight pm in big bold green letters Lila sighs noticing she’s slept all day and won’t be getting much sleep during the night she grabs a microwaveable meal popping it in putting it in for six minutes before she walks to her dining table opening her laptop turning it on.
She sits down running her fingers through her hair as a yawn escapes her lips her eyes drifting shut for a few seconds she looks around her small apartment she’s lived in this shitty apartment for two year’s but she’s ready for a change not the change she was expecting but still a good change.