12

Thomas was waiting by the front of the school when the bell rang. Patton walked out, staring at the ground.

"Hey kiddo, what's wrong?" Thomas asked, noticing that all the braids and clips were gone from the boys hair.

"Nothing." Patton said quietly.

"Then what happened to your braids?" Thomas asked, "and you loved the clips."

Patton nodded, tears filling his eyes.

"Woah, Patt, are you okay?" Thomas knelt down to the boys level.

Patton shook his head, starting to cry, "so-some k-kids were makin' fun of m-my hair."

"But your hair was so cute!" Thomas gasped.

"They said it was girly and immature." Patton sniffed.

"Gender is overrated." Virgil said, walking up and ruffling Patton's hair.

Patton giggled, wiping his eyes, "where's Ro-ro and Ree?"

Thomas grimaced, "they uh, had to go home early."

"What? Why?" Virgil asked, "are they okay?"

"Remus is fine, though a little shaken up," Thomas explained, "Roman went missing for a few hours this morning, but we found him and besides a few cuts and bruises, he's okay."

"What?" Patton squeaked.

"They're both okay now." Thomas said, "in fact, when I left they were playing monopoly with Lo and Dee."

"Oh god, the house is probably trashed now." Virgil sighed.

Thomas chuckled, "then we better get back."

The first thing they heard when they opened the door was yelling.

"Give him the money, you landed on his property."

"No! He's in jail! I'm not giving money to a criminal!"

"That's not how you-!" Roman was cut off by a scream.

Thomas, Patton and Virgil walked into the living room to see Remus running away from Roman.

"Roman! You're not supposed to be running around!" Thomas scolded.

Roman groaned and plopped down in his seat, "but Ree won't give me my money!"

"He's in jail!" Remus cried.

"Its the rules Ree." Logan sighed.

Remus looked to Patton for help.

"You gotta do it Ree." Patton giggled, sitting next to his brother.

Remus huffed and handed Roman the money. Virgil rolled his eyes and went to change out of his binder before sitting down at the game as well.

Thomas watched the boys start a new game as Logan ended up winning the last round. Virgil grabbed the thimble, Dee chose the hat, and Patton took the dog.

"Thomas! Come play with us!" Dee giggled.

Thomas smiled, "Alright."

He sat down, choosing the battleship as his piece. Thomas shook his head as the chaos started. Soon, he told himself, he'll tell them soon.