~Come Again!~

Just breath. He won't think much of it, right? He has to get those stares all the time because of his looks. So therefore, he'll just brush it off. I think. Well, I got to get over a little embarrassing moment and do my job. God, sometimes I absolutely hate my life.

     "Sorry for the wait! But they're here now."
     "Hm? Oh, thanks." The man in the wheelchair then rested his head in his hand watching me set down everything. Diego rolled his eyes at Johnny. "Oh, what now?"
     "You're not even gonna help? She's obviously struggling to reach over to you." I interjected their bickering by saying it wasn't necessary. But they continued on as if I didn't say a word a started walking back but I felt a tap on my shoulder.

     "I just want to apologize about those two. It happens everywhere we go. Oh, and I'm Gyro."
     "Thanks for apologizing but I don't mind. It's rather amusing."
     "Maybe after the first few times. But after awhile, trust me, it's pretty annoying." I chuckled but before I could respond, I saw Diego pointing at me.

     "Well, if I'm uglier than you, why was our waitress eyeing me down from across the room? Hm?" Johnny looked up at me and shook his head.
     "Stop making up shit just so you can have a case." Diego opened his mouth but I stopped him.
     "Actually, he's not lying," My face grew red and my voice got quieter. "I was looking at him..." I looked away and twiddled with my fingers. This is probably the worst situation of my life. So far at least. "Sorry. I'll leave you to it." I looked back and Diego had a cocky smirk on his face while Johnny was annoyed. And Gyro was eating and barely paying attention.

Leaving was the only thing I wanted in that situation. So I walked at a fast pace back into the kitchen to start on the next batch of muffins. As they were cooking, there was a ding alerting me of a customer.
     "Hello! Welcome to Honey Drops! What can I do for you?" As I looked at her, she had pink hair and wore a strange hat.
     "I'm here with someone named Diego. Are they here?" I felt shocked at this. But of course someone like Diego had a girlfriend. I mean, I barely know this guy but it's not like it should matter. But it's still a little upsetting to know.
     "Oh yes. He's right over here m'am." I looked over to him and I could see him glancing at me. My face grew red and he gave me a cocky smirk.
     "Thank you."
     "Yep. Do you need anything?"
     "I'm fine."
     "Just get my attention if you need anything!"

     I walked away back into the kitchen and retrieved the muffins from the oven. Setting them down in the case in front of the store, I went to check on the group still in the café.
"Is everything good over here?"
"Yes. It's actually great. We'll definitely have to come back. But could we have the check?"
"Certainly." I grabbed it from my pocket as I'd been caring with me. I set it down on the table.

"I got it." Johnny then placed some cash on top of it. "And here's a tip for dealing with this annoying brat." He handed me a five dollar bill while giving Diego a glare. I chuckled at his joking insult but Diego didn't seem amused by it.
     "It was no problem."
     "Are you sure?"
     "Positive."
     "Well, keep it anyways."
     "Thank you!" Everyone stood up, including Diego's girlfriend. They all waved goodbye. They started for the door. "Come again soon!" Diego turned his head over his shoulder and smirked. He then left with the rest of the group.

-_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_-

A/N

     Thanks for reading my Diego x Reader! Sorry this one was bad but now I think I have an idea for my next chapter so that's epic. See you soon gamers. Hopefully.