Chapter 1

It was a rather cool day, Geri opted to stay at Victoria's flat for the night as she was still to hammered to go to her flat. The ladies had been on a night out to help Melanie after she confessed to them. Yet, this was going to be the start of a serious journey for all involved.

"Shit, this fucking headache" Geri said.

"I'm sorry but one told you. We should've stayed at the hospital as Melanie did." Victoria said.

"What did we go last night?" Geri asks.

"We took Melanie out on the night. She had finally explained how depressed she was. We could tell she was sick, rather thin. We figure we should've gotten her some help after she told us what she has been eaten for about a few years after almost choking to death. Not to mention the fights we got ourselves into when we tried to leave. Emma suffered a broken eye socket and twisted wrist. Mel had a few bruises on her ribs." Victoria said.

"Explained the headaches" Geri said.

"You have a concussion after you was hit upside the head with a beer bottle. My hand was broken in the mayhem. Melanie got the worst, but she just gave a fuck about her injuries. When one of those thugs tried to choke Emma, she scratched the guy's arms until he started bleeding as she got deeply before kicking him. Melanie was triggered by seeing Emma almost being choked in general." Victoria said.

"She was still pissed off when you took off. She was fortunate Emma knew the Heimlich Maneuver." Geri added.

"Well, none of us knew how she'll go downhill. We finally gave her a reason to brighten up." Victoria said.

Geri heard her mobile ringing.

"It's gotten to be one of the girls. Where did we say we would be going to take Melanie today?" Geri asked.

"There's a day spa. I know that's out of the Scouser's character, but I figure she could use a shake-up." Victoria said.

Victoria went to get some tea in hopes to ease her hangover, while Geri was talking on the phone.

"Hello, what's wrong, Emma?" Geri asks.

Victoria was in the next room, making some tea for both her and Geri. Victoria thought the night before, especially the fight that Melanie found herself. Melanie was realized to stay over for her injuries, and Victoria was excepting a phone call after filing a report. Not sure if Melanie was being unable to, wanting her to rest, Victoria went forward with the recommendation by the police. Melanie needed to stay for observation, so they can gather the medical evidence should they need to file charges. Mel and Emma were allowed to leave to let Melanie rest for the night, promising to come by to visit her. The radio in the kitchenette was bubbling about the headlines, mostly news but had a sports report. As Victoria was drinking her morning tea, Geri's tone went from relaxing to telling Emma to calm down. As quick as she could, Victoria ran to the living room to see Geri trying to talk some sense into Emma.

"What the fuck is going on?" Victoria yelled out.

Geri was struggling to calm Emma down, it had to serious.

"Look, maybe she discharged herself and forgot to call. We can check at her flat. She likely overslept. I know she's a morning person but she was hurt in that fight. Okay, we're heading over there, Mel included. What do you mean she couldn't... Melanie? Someone would've told us! EMMA!" Geri said, just as the phone click.

Geri was shaken up.

"What was going on?" Victoria asks.

"Melanie's gone missing. The hospital she was staying at wasn't allowed to tell us why, as they were also caught. There was some police officer to keep the staff from helping Melanie out." Geri said.