Final Chapter

This is very hard for me to put into words. Hundreds and hundreds of hours, poured emotions, children, time skips, and etc this is it. I am very emotional and it has not hit me simply because I know there are people happy and proud. Some have even bought my book and even though I live at home and outside of this screen I am just a maintenance man those people care. And that is why I give everyone all that I got. Without further, this is the last chapter of the My Pawn series.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

There is much that goes through the mind when a couple is young and the wife is in her third trimester. The baby is surely to be here soon and then there is the obvious that no one likes to break down. They say obviously and whatever until they are in it themselves. A young couple that just married and haven't graduated yet are going to be parents. There is the questions.

For the husband he has been questioned the most. How is work? How much responsibility is going to be taken on? Then how many times does he get up when the baby cries or needs something. Out of the married couple the man is the one who usually gets the most pressure. 

The wife will always be supportive. Though she is constantly watched as every move she makes with that baby someone can judge. Mothers and their babies are always different. Instincts and habits will come to effect and change them. Some of them get worse with time. Scary isn't it. 

Rias had a due date. It was originally April 15th. Though anything can happen within that window of course. It was a rather usual night. School is in session, pacts are going to arrive tomorrow, and then it is cuddles and care for Rias as she is going to be due soon. Everyone is calling to check in to see what is going on.

April 5th. It's 9 o'clock at night. Rias is reading a book and you had just jumped into bed. A long day today and another one tomorrow. Work is work and school is school. No pat on the back or shortcuts. It is what it is. Rias had taken her glasses off and put her book down and smiled at you.

"Where has my man been?" She smiled.

"Settling things. You know how it is."

"You keep doing amazing Love."

"Well it is all I can do." You are just staring at the ceiling as these thoughts just go. "Being a husband, being a father, and then taking all of this effort and all of this and going for more. Helping the head and being the boss for a bit. It's funny how it all changes. Think about it Rias. I didn't think about kids until we were dating and having sex the second time or so."

"Really? Ever?" 

"I remember seeing little kids growing up. Holding a parents hand as they walked down to wherever destination it was. I never had that. Never knew what my father would be like or if my mother would ever hold my hand. I didn't know what to think. Maybe Edna was going to be what I thought was a mother. I didn't have any girlfriend experience. Barely had friend experience because of the rules. It is just how it happened."

"And after that? What were you thinking?"

"Honestly, outside the work support and all I was going to ask around. I'm probably overthinking it, but you've held babies before. Babies have been a touchy conversation to me. It's literally the-"

"Ohh." She moaned.

"Kick?" You turn over.

"Honey?"

"Yeah... I'm right here."

"Ah!" She screamed.

"Woah..." You reach your hand over to where Rias' thighs are. Underneath is a wet spot. "Oh no..."