The Middle

I like driving, really I do, but driving for over 45 minutes is when I start to get impatient. So when we were stuck in traffic for about 25-30 minutes I was regretting agreeing to going... wherever the hell we're going.

Eric hasn't told me where we're headed to and yes, I admit, my curiosity is peaked by the waiting but it is also going down and I'm getting ready to give up. Why did we have to drive separately anyway? It's not like we're going to be staying a long time when we get to wherever-the-hell we're going.

Finally, we were out of that horrendous traffic as I followed behind Eric. We were passing by a dog park and I have never gotten so distracted in my entire life. They were all so fluffy and cute! A lot of the small dogs were barking and very...aggressive but the bigger ones were just so innocent and silly!

I honestly don't know how people paint bigger dogs to be viscous when Chihuahuas exist, no offense to them but they can be little devils sometimes. I understand that incidents with big dogs happen but still!

I, unfortunately, had to focus back on the road before I crashed into someone or something and risk frightening all the doggies.

Eric soon took a left and into a neighborhood. It looks really nice, the houses aren't too big but they aren't too small; they're like the houses that are bigger on the inside.

That's when all the pieces connected and as realization hit me, my eyes blinked rapidly as a huge grin was painted across my face. Okay, okay, I don't know if he thinks that I would piece it all together or not but how does one act surprised when they know what the surprise is?

Whatever, I'm pretty sure he knows that I'd piece it all together.

We took a right turn and the houses still looked the same but in the middle of these house, there was a house that kinda looked like a modernized cottage, the outside was a light grey-ish white, it had a small white porch, the roof had dark grey roof shingles as the roof met at a peek in the front of the house and in the back was still a peek but not as defined. The door was a light brown that shined brighter when the sunlight hit it and despite the house's size, the backyard was very spacious with a few trees, two big ones and three other small ones scattered around.

And to top it all off, there was a moving van in the driveway. There were people coming in and out of the house with boxes in hand and others with chairs and plants.

I'm so glad I got those plants.

We parked on the streets and when we got out, Eric walked over to me and chuckled with a stupidly, wide grin on his face,

"Surprise, baby!" He exclaimed and, honestly, I didn't know how to react but I did have one question on my mind.

"This is amazing, truly, but why did you act so distant?" I asked, I couldn't help it. I shifted my weight back and forth, one foot from the other, as I examined his face for answers, his smile wasn't as vibrant.

"Jamie, I literally can not lie to you. If you'd ask, I would've told you because you know when I'm lying," he's terrible at lying, it be hard to miss it but I'd never tell him that, "Plus, this is the first time I've bought a house without help through the process, my mom actually helped me with the other house," He is such a mama's boy and it is literally the cutest thing, "So, trying to find and buy a house in secret without you finding out was quite hard, you know, since you're like a detective when you want to be."

I giggled a bit, he was right; I am a detective when I want to be, and a damn good one at that, "That answers so much. I told Katy that you were being distant and she was not having it. Oh, and for the record, Katy doesn't make threats, she makes promises. She may be half your size but she can for sure fight." I warned him, a smirk crossing my face as he stepped towards me and placed his hands on my hips.

"Well, I'll be sure to steer clear of avoiding you, which will be the easiest thing to do since I am," He stepped closer, our lips just an inch apart, "Madly in love with you." His lips pressed against mine, I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. I let his tongue enter and roam my mouth, he started sucking on my tongue and I couldn't help but moan on his lips. I heard Eric chuckle slightly as he pulled away slowly, "We're outside and I doubt that this neighborhood would want to witness some extreme PDA." He said this with a mischievous smirk and a wink, making a light blush spread across my face.

I needed to change the subject so I wouldn't be a mess and my mind wouldn't be in the gutter, "Um, h-have you seen Winston?" I asked looking behind him and to the people going in and out of the house.

Eric rolled his eyes playfully since he knew that I was getting a little flustered, and not in a bad way, "You think I would let him out of my sight? He's in my car," I wonder if he- "And yes, I did buckle him up." He declared teasingly.

"You mind reader." I expressed as I began walking to his car, keeping my eyes on him in a suspicious manner.

He followed behind me and when I made it to his car, I saw Winston sitting in the front seat, buckled up just like Eric said but there was a folded note in his lap.

My curiosity peeked, I opened the car door, unfolded the note and began reading,

Jamie, wow, you really are something special. You're just so 'wow' If I were to describe you in one word it would be that. You make me speechless, all of your skills and talents, your flaws and perfections, you're...well, you're everything.

You could have me on my knees, begging for you, in seconds. Through all of the hardships you still stuck by me with no hesitation, which you're so brave for doing so. You've gone through so much and there is still so much for me to discover about you and I can't wait to keep getting to know you; to keep finding out new qualities, new secrets and maybe some new kinks ;) (I had to put that in this note)

Every time I hold you in my arms I never want you to leave them. Every time I gaze into your eyes for too long, I can't help but kiss you. When we kiss...when we kiss it's the most amazing thing that will ever happen to me. When we kiss it's like the best drug that I could ever take. Every time I hold your hand, I don't know how to put it into words but if I could put it in one word it would be something cheesy like electric. When you laugh, holy shit, when you laugh it's the one of the best things I could ever hear.

Every time I see you it's like I'm experiencing my love for you all over again. You are the love of my life and I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else. Kids, no kids, as long as I have you, everything will be a-okay. And maybe, I can have you permanently? Because I sure as hell wouldn't mind sharing my last name with you.

This note is so close to bringing me to tears it's crazy. Although, that last sentence caught me off guard quite a bit, I just kept rereading it until I finally looked up from the note,

"Jamie,"

I turned to Eric but my eyes quickly widened, tears not hesitating to gloss over my eyes and prick the corners of them.

"Jamie, everything you just read is true. Especially the last part," Eric was on one knee, a black velvet box in hand, and a silver engagement band with stunning carvings and three main diamonds going across it, "J-Jamie Mitchell," He stutters in, what I can only assume to be, nervousness as I see his eyes start to water, "Will you do me the honor of being my husband?"

I was speechless, tears running down my face, my breathing was slow but shaky and the only thing I could do was quickly hug him tight and he didn't resist putting his arms around me.

"Y-Yes! I-I do! Of course, I do!"

It's Valentine's Day when this is going up, well for me it still is, so I hope you liked this! I'm not too god at describing houses so I hope I did a good job at it. One more chapter to go, I'm so nervous, I don't know why but I'm also so excited. Anyways, I love you, you are beautiful and/or handsome, have an amazing day or night.

Love- Ruby ❤️