prologue.

( ( BIRD BOY ) )
prologue.

↷ for richie there wasn't better way than spending the summer inside the archway. he was fascinated with it, he spent much of the hot days inside of it, his favorite was street fighter, he played with some boys who had the same weird hobby as him, or used to be like that for a few days, his mother had forbidden come back to the archway because she said he was very flawed with it.

but for the boy in glasses it wasn't like that. he found it more like a distraction from the real, dark world that surrounded it. like his dark and iconic humor, he used video games to escape his problems. he didn't like facing real life, he didn't like growing up, he didn't like the changes his body was beginning to go through. and most of all, he didn't like to feel a certain attraction to the boys around him.

↷ on the other side we have stan. a fond of birds. any boy or girl in derry high school would say he is a very... peculiar boy, not to say he was extremely rare and mature for someone sixteen. the passion to watch the birds pass from his window led him to buy binoculars to be able to admire them better, he had books about them, which he always read before bedtime.

but he was tired of staying there, of having to lose himself from the real world for being so withdrawn. for not socializing as usual the boys of their age would. he had received multiple talks from his mother about it, she was worried to see how he didn't go out with his friends much, if they ever gave a glimpse of life before mrs. uris.

and that is why they both decide to go out into the real world, opposed, totally, but united with the same purpose. adapt to what it meant to grow and live with it, no matter how difficult it was.