Chapter Four: Morning in Wonderland

(SPOILER ALERT)

Date: September 6, 2014

Where: Morpheus's bedroom; Wonderland

I wake up before Morpheus. Which surprises me. I always believed he would be an early waker. He's laying on his back with his left arm behind his head and his right laying over his stomach. His blue hair is spread all around his face. I reach over and move a piece away from his face. He looks different. I don't know, maybe it's because he looks so unguarded and peaceful.

I thought back to last night, when he let down his walls of over confidence. He looked so troubled at the thought that he almost lost me. I fear what he would have done if I did hit that tree... I remember the feeling of being in his strong arms last night, the way he smelled, the way that, in that moment, I could have stayed there forever. But what about Jeb? Could I really leave him to stay here in Wonderland with Morpheus? Could I leave Morpheus and stay with Jeb in the Human Realm? It's not fair what I'm doing to the two of them. I'm messing with their feelings, giving hope to both when I can only have one.

I need to make a decision and I need to make one soon.

I hear Morpheus stir so I turn to see him looking at me contently. I blush, "What are you staring at?"

"Your perfectly mad hair, blossom." He grins and nods his head towards a mirror across from the bed. I look at it and see my hair completely messed up. It's frizzy and going in every direction. Yet, paired with my intricate eye patches, I look insane and perfect and everything in between. I look like I belong in Wonderland.

When I turn away from the mirror and back to Morpheus, he's already standing and choosing a hat from his collection. I don't see which one he chooses, but it is velvety purple with a black sash. There are small moths circling the sash.

"What time is it?" I ask.

He turns back to me, his signature smirk back. "Trying to leave me already, luv?" I roll my eyes at him. The raw emotion from last night is gone. There's a small knock on the door and a twinkling sound. Gossamer. I watch as Morpheus parts the water fall and walks through without getting a drop on himself. He struts over to the door and allows Gossamer in and he walks out, but winks at me with a smirk before closing the door.

Gossamer brings in a new outfit for today. It's a sleek black mini dress. It has a straight line, off the shoulder bodice, then puffs out in layers starting at the hips. The layers alternate between black and red tulle. It only comes to about my mid thigh. I put on the dress that fits perfectly, as always. I never did tell him what size I am... I suppose I may never know how he got it.

Gossamer gives me a pair of simple black gloves that go mid way up my arm. Along with a pair of platform red boots with black laces. I look at my reflection in the floor length mirror. Combined with my wild hair, I look like a defiant punk rocker. I turn towards the door, ready to go find Morpheus, but Gosssamer stops me. She holds up a stick of red lipstick. I smile and nod my head as she begins to apply it.

"You really should stop messing with his heart and head." Her twinkly voice says. "Don't give him hope if there isn't any. The same goes for your mortal knight."

"I know, I know. I never imagined it to be such a tough decision. On one hand, I could have a safe and solid relationship with Jeb. On the other hand, I could have a wild and passionate relationship with Morpheus. I don't know what to do. I love them both on different levels. I just don't know who I love more." I sigh and look down. I have to do what's right.

"I believe you," she chimes.

"How about, after I finish my day with Morpheus, I will return to the human realm and make my decision within 24 hours. If I decide Jeb, I will stay there with him. If I choose Morpheus, I will return here by 12:00 noon." I decide. "Would you tell Morpheus this after I leave? I don't want him to try and convince me to stay." She nods her head in response.

I stand up and move towards the door, parting the waterfall effortlessly. I continue across his room and out the door. I already know where to find him. He can be quite predictable sometimes. I open the door and find him sitting in the courtyard I met him in when I first came to Wonderland with Jeb.

Morpheus sits upon his mushroom, smoking his hookah. He puffs smoke images into the air, that animate and move about. I watch him for a moment. Could I love and live with him for the rest of life? I think about it before Morpheus catches me watching him.

He smirks "Like what you see?"

"You're so full of yourself" I roll my eyes and smile. Yeah, I think I could be with him. "Where to today, Luv?" I say in a mock of his cockney accent. He grins and his jewels flash a proud purple.

"I was thinking we would visit the Red Court, considering your the Queen." I never even thought about visiting it. I still don't know how I feel about having that much responsibility on my shoulders. It's a lot to do on my own. But maybe I don't have to be alone... I glance at Morpheus through the corners of my eyes. He would know about the politics of Wonderland. And he wouldn't make too bad of a husband and king.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I say as cheerfully as I can, I don't want him to know my doubts about ruling the Kingdom. We start on our way to the red court, all the while I try thinking out who I will love 'till death due us apart'.