Boredom Kills

Hi! i'm bored, and I don't own any of deathnotes copyright, donno if I have to write a disclaimer, but here's one anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light Yagami stared idly through the window, out into the blue sky, his reflection a shadow in the glass. From his seat he could see out onto the school patio,he reflected on the pointlessness of English, if he could already flawlessly speak the language, why did he still need to attend the class? With boredom and fain annoyance swirling through his mind, the lazy summer heat began to slowly make his heavy his eyes droop.

His English teacher, a pompous new addition to the teaching facility, called on him to read a passage from the text, evidently trying to humiliate him for not paying attention to class. Light stood up, and gracefully, read the complicated text, before resuming his staring outside the window. Life was so boring, predictable, slo-...         A book fell from the sky. 

Light craned his neck, peering oddly out of the window to attempt to see whether someone had dropped the book of the roof, no one was there. Eyebrows furrowed Light attempted to explain how a book could fall, without it being dropped, every explanation seemed more ridiculous than the last. The abrupt ringing of the school bell interrupted his circling thoughts, giving his mind the chance to appease his rapidly growing curiosity, by investigating the strange book that fell from the sky.

Stooping down to examine the book he made out the words 'Death Note' in English, scrawled in white across the cover. Flicking through the book he rolled his eyes, how stupid of him to actually think this could be something exciting! It appeared to be some stupid prank, this one claimed to be able to kill in 60 seconds. How ridiculous. Tucking it in his bag he walked home, with the consolation that  even though the book turned out to be a flop, there was something at home that would ward away the boredom for a few hours, his own little secret. 

You see, Light Yagami had been brought up, by his mother, his father he barley remembered throughout his childhood, his father was always working, out before he woke and home after he slept. His mother had been doting but unable to understand a child, so had raised him as an adult, his genius had been practically assured. The price however had been his childhood, always studying, no friends, isolated from the world. But months ago, looking into the murder of the teenager, Michael Hagen,  Light had found a friend. His name was Lazarus, he had a mind that constantly challenged his own and a dry sense of humour that made Light smile. He refused to think about how long ago it had been since he had genuinely smiled.

Opening his front door he called a greeting to his mother and sister, the latter appeared to be singing along to some air headed band, whilst climbing the stairs to his room. Shutting the door quietly, he logged on to his computer. He should be studying. His mother would be disappointed in him if he wasted valuable study time. He began to type his message. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was that? idk if thats good or not. it would be cool to get feedback tho... 

Salt