Chapter 33

He immediately held my hads and pulled me closer to him, his face is contorted with anger and.... sadness.

"Zion, anong ginagawa mo dito?" i asked him. Bit he just looked at me like I've grown two heads.

"Seriously wife, that's the first thing you wanna say? Why the fuck would I not interfere when Lara's feeding you with lies and and it seemed like you were about to believe her!?"

Yeah, he's really fuming mad. Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at saka siya tinitigan. Telling him to relax, and thankfuly mukhang kumalma naman siya kahit konti. He snaked his arms in my waist, holding me possessively.

He looked at Lara. "Why are you here?"

She smiled sweetly and reached out to touch his hand, pero nailayo naman agad ni Zion. Bumakas ang pagka lungkot sa mata niya pero agad rin naman itong nawala.
"Zion naman, I came here because I just wanna visit you".   Tumingin siya sakin and she flashed her fake smile.
"I'm also here to visit my friend"

Mas humigpit ang pagkaka yakap ni Zion sa bewang ko.
"You don't look like you're just here to visit. Quit beating behind the bush before I loose my temper, Lara"

Bumuntong hininga si Lara.
"The truth is, I came here to ask you to come back to Manila. Our daughter needs you. We need you Zion, she was rushed in the hospital yesterday, sa Saint Luke. And ayaw niyang magpa transplant hanggat hindi ka daw niya nakikita."
"Surely hindi ka naman pipigilan ni Jeid, right?"

Kumuyom ang kamay ko sa inis. Naaawa ako sa anak niya, pero dahil sa inaasta niya ay halos hindi ako makaramdam ng awa sakanya bilang isa ring ina.
But her daughter needs Zion, at alam kong hindi biro ang sumailalim sa heart transplant sa murang edad palang. After all, si Zion ng kinilala niyang ama, and I doubt na ipinakilala ni Lara ang biological father niya.

Tumingin sakin si Zion, na parang tinatanong niya ako kung okay lang ako. I saw how worried he is, kahit pa pilit niyang itago sakin. Kaya naman kahit mayroon akong kaunting pagpo-protesta tungkol sa pag sama niya ulit sa Maynila, I just nodded.

Bumuntong hininga siya.
"How is she?" Tipid na tanong ni Zion.

Lumiwanag ang mukha ni Lara. " Does that mean sasama ka sakin?" todo ang ngiti nito. "Sabi ko nanga ba eh. I know we will always be your priority—"

"No Lara" he stopped her.  "Jeid, and my kids are my priority, always will."

I felt relieved because of what I heard. We are his priority. That thought kept on ringing through my mind.

"B-but, I thought..." now she looked like a wounded dog. I couldnt even stop myself glaring at her.

Zion sighed.
"I only agreed to come for Princess' sake, Lara. This doesn't mean anything. After the operation , were done. We have already talked about this before"

I was shocked. Seriously? He's really willing to cut ties with them? With the kid?

Agad ko siya hinila para tumingin siya sakin.
"Zion, you dont have to. Naiintindihan ko naman eh. Hindi mo kailangang gawin yan, alam ko kung gaano ka importante ang bata sayo."

He captured my hands and said,
"No Jeid, that's my final desicion. She needs to know that I wont always be there for her, especially cause I also have you, and the twins. And I plan on spending my everyday life with you, Zeid, and Zin"

Uminit ng mga mata ko. How can those words stirr my emotional side so easily. Pero natigil din agad ng lumakas ang boses ni Lara.

"What?! What about us Zion. Me and Princess, hindi na kami importante sayo? We both love you, we were once a family also. I cant believe it,  I thought telling you about Princess' condition would make you come back to us!"