House of Cards

“The villains were always ugly in books and movies. Necessarily so, it seemed. Because if they were attractive—if their looks matched their charm and their cunning—they wouldn't only be dangerous.

They would be irresistible.”
-Horroscape
..............................................................................................................................................................................
It had been 3 days.
Three days since I last saw Adam Sinclair, three days had come and gone. And in the span of those three days, Johnathan hadn't once talked to me or written in himself. I was getting worried that he might've been mad at me for going out with Adam. I came back from the bathroom to find him on the table, his red ink dripping from the pages. I opened him up to see all of our work gone, along with the drawing of the eyes. Adam's backpack was still in the chair, but Adam himself was gone. I started to get scared. So I did the most sensible thing; I ran.
That night I tried to talk to John, but he didn't reply. Not only that, but it felt as if his entire presence had disappeared entirely. Tears rained down from my face as I cried into the empty book. No longer would I stay up late at night writing stories and talking to the book whom I've grown attached to. He was no more, he was gone.
Clutching the book close to my chest, I nodded off into a dreamless slumber.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Outside (Y/n)'s window, a shadowy figure watched her sleep with the book in her arms. The figure smiled as it made it's way closer to the window pane, placing a bloody red hand on the glass. Humming to itself, it turned into a bunch of small pieces of paper and fluttered n between the window. The papers fell to the floor before morphing into a human body. The same body that had broken free from the book that confided it. Words danced on his body, shifting and changing in language. His short black hair covered his red eyes as it scanned over your sleeping figure. He wore nothing on his body except for the paper that wrapped around his form. He smiled, revealing sharp white fangs.
"Hello my princess..." He whispered, walking over to your bed. "I have come to take you away. It will be like the story says it will." Using a free hand, he caressed your face, brushing the (h/c) locks away. "Please say you'll be mine."
You groaned, shifting around in your sleep as your face leaned into his touch. He smiled and started to run his fingers through your hair.
"Now that I have this body, we can truly be together at last."
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
"Woah (Y/n), you look like you had a rough night."
"Thank you Lilly, your the voice of the generation."
You looked awful the next day at school. Your eyelids were droopy, black rings surrounding them. Your hair was frazzled and unkempt, only held up in a sloppy ponytail. Your (f/c) shirt was wrinkled along with your grey sweatpants. Even your work was a bit messy today.
"What happened between you and Adam? Did you have fun?" The nosy girl asked.
Before you could reply, your English teacher cleared her throat. Everyone looked to the front to see a tall, dark, and handsome new student standing there. He smiled at everyone, flashing his dazzling white fangs. He wore a black jacket with a silver trim, red and black shirt, black jeans, and silver and black converses. Around his neck was a silver chain and in his hand was a black backpack. His pale skin reflected the lights of the room.
"Now we have a new student joining our class. His name is John Reads."
Your (e/c) eyes snapped towards the front now, seeing that John was now staring right at you. You blushed slightly, feeling really bad that you didn't look the best right now. All the other girls in the classroom whispered among themselves, obviously chatting about him. Lilly had even brought out her sketchbook and started to draw his chiseled face.
"Why don't you tell us about yourself?" Your teacher said.
"Alright then," His smooth voice melted all hearts as he started to talk. "My name is John Reads, but you can call me John. I have recently moved here from out of town. My hobbies include writing, reading, and watching movies. I absolutely love fairy tales, especially dragons." He looked at you once more. "And when they have princesses to guard too."
For a moment, your captivated. He’s seducing you with his eyes. A nervous flutter swam through your stomach. You can feel your heartbeat in your throat. Pounding. Constricting. You swallow hard. There was an air of familiarity with him that you couldn't put a finger on. He was way too handsome to be real and way too suspicious to be here. And you couldn't understand why you knew him.
"Well that was interesting Mr. Reads, but for now, you can sit next to (Y/n) (L/n)."
"Gladly..." He walked to the empty seat that was next to you. "Hello princess, I hope you will accept me being here next to you."
"A pleasure to meet you too." You said, eyeing him warily. "Have we met before? You seem like the kind of person that I would dream about."
Hearing you say that made his new heart swell with pride. So he had did a good job selecting the ideal look for you. He remembered how you described all your male characters and took a piece of each one to make his bod perfect. He wanted to be the best thing that came out of the book.
And all it took was that foolish boy to spill blood into my pages. He thought, his lips curling into a smile.
"Well perhaps you've seen me around before. I do have simple features." He replied, his words like honey to your ears. "But you shouldn't fawn over me. I'm nothing, but a good person."
"Very funny, but leave me alone can you? I already lost one boy, I don't need more heartbreak." You said, sniffling a bit. You got out Johnathan and got a pen. "Now if you excuse me, I have to write a story."
He leaned over to see what you were writing. "That book looks good, mind if I took a peek at it?" He reached over to grab it, but you swatted his hands.
"Do. Not. Touch. Him." You said, emphasizing your words.
But this made the boy smirk more. "And what if I do?"
"Mister Reads! Miss (L/n)! If you are done talking back there, we have a lesson to get to!"
You both blushed as you focused back to your work. You caught John throwing glances at you between the pages of the workbook. Rolling your eyes, you flashed him a glare and returned to the book.
Oh my sweet princess, why do you mock me so? He thought, doodling your face on his arm in red ink. The story has reached the rising action. Time to make my dream a reality.
And no one is going to rewrite it.