Chapter Eighteen

We walk very silently and awkwardly out the place, until I start to get a sudden chill on my arms. I rub them both, trying to get heat onto my forearms. I continue walking until I hear a yell, I turn and see Leon's arm push me onto the side of the pathway, making us bump into the railing. I grunt and Leon keeps his whole arm on my torso, making sure I don't get hit. I then watch the lifeless body fall onto the ground. 

Leon releases from me, looking over the damn thing. I quickly start walking over the body, mostly annoyed that these things keep popping up everywhere. I turn and nod toward Leon, for a simple thanks. I let Leon take the lead, as we walk out of the place. Leon then takes me to the pad, where we put into the code. 

I walk up to it and pull the code I saw from my memory, I quickly tap the symbols or characters lightly. After I put in the last digit of the code, I watch the screen shift into a pleasant mode, making a few noises. Leon and I watch the keypad say 'Ok' and open the greenhouse, we look up to the see the lock, finally unlocked.

We then quickly make out ways towards the Greenhouse. As we finally look around we find two more puzzles that need codes. After seeing the similar keypad once more, I roll my eyes and slowly walks away, making Leon chuckle.

"You think we'll find more?" I turn to him with a annoyed expression, and hold up my arms in a sarcastic motion. 

"At this point, I wouldn't doubt it. Listen, let's split up and find these codes, right after we'll meet outside our destination." I watch him think it over, I then start walking tot the door.

"Okay, after we retrieve, we'll go back to Ada." My heart tightens as I hear that name, I turn to the dim light, away from the both of us. "Y/N.."

"Yeah, we'll go back to Ada. I'll just see you around." I quickly change my focus to the door, I walk out, not wanting to make it seem like it was important to speak about it. 

Don't get me wrong, it did hurt, but it wasn't like we were a thing anyways. I should keep pushing away, like my parents told me to do. Use their advice...okay I'm now using it. I quickly follow into my thoughts, having a self argument. I feel like time passed as I grab the code, I input it and allow beeping appear onto the screen in front of me, I watch the green light shine. I then realize as I walk to our meeting point, I feel numb. 

I bite my lip, and see a shadow appear. I turn and see Leon, he then strikes up a conversation with me. I answer with short answers, just wanting to forget about this place and what occurred. We walk into the room, seeing the sample in the test-tube. It's just sitting there? Weird. We walk up and Leon grabs it from it's container.

"Huh. That was easy." I tilt my head and pout into an agreeing manner. He turns to me and gently waves it into my face. "We're closer to freedom."

"I'm glad, I feel like I've been trapped in a nightmare. Although how I got here was a pleasant dream, honestly I'm just glad that after this...I'm free." He turns to me with a curious look. 

"What do you mean?" I chuckle a bit, and turn to him with a weak smile.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know." He tries to pry, but I stop it with me ending this conversation quickly. As we walk we hear an announcement, a robotic voice making a statement towards the virus being taken from it's slot. "Lockdown?! Self-destruct?!" I look over to Leon seeing his shocked expression looking around, he then looks at me.

"Come on, we have to leave here quickly." I nod and we run out onto a bridge that brought us to this point. We quickly try to run to the door, until we hear another bang. We both turn to see the same monster break through the ceiling. It's the same monster that did the same thing a while ago, it has one eye.