So Obvious (1)

So Obvious

Introduction:

The signs have been there for a while now but I never wanted to go to conclusion's. Until today I was happy, well somewhat happy, swimming in ignorant bliss. But today it all became too real, my boyfriend was cheating on me and there was nothing I could do but accept it.

Everything I saw was something I could corner and know that it was from another girl. The lipstick kisses on his neck or cloths- I don't wear lipstick, the stale smell of perfume- I only wear one kind which is definitely not what he smells like, the way he has slowly been canceling weekend dates for the past few weeks, and the distance between us has been starting to play a toll me.

I have been stupid, denying what has been in front of my eyes for so long. But unlike every other day, today I saw up close the deceiving he was up to.

*****

*This Morning*

I was on my way to meet up with Vince, one of my guy friends, who was in the library. We were working on a partnered project for Ms. Hagar's English class.

When I entered the library I immediately spotted Vince's 'so-blonde-its-nearly-white' hair. He was holding a bunch of thick text books and I chuckled at the sight. I put my bag on a nearby table and ran over just in time to save two books from falling out of his grasp.

"Dude, try putting some things down first before grabbing more." I told him.

"Whatever, you're late so you do it." Vince said back, but grabbed the two books from my hands.

I slapped his hand away, "You've got....seven books, stop it. Come on, I've got my stuff over here."

He rolled his eyes but followed me.

"So what kind of books did you get for Mr. E.A.P?" I asked as we sat down at the table, scattering the books around.

"I just grabbed a bunch with his name on it." He shrugged, opening one that said 'Edgar Allen Poe: History of his childhood' on the cover.

"This is so boring, why couldn't you pick someone actually worth reading about?" Vince groaned after a few silent minutes. He kept flipping through the pages without looking up nonetheless.

"Edgar is easy and awesome, all we have to do is write a ten page paper about him and put a bunch of pictures of a poster board, it's really not going to kill you." I smirked.

"Only." he repeated sarcastically

Today was Friday and we had until next Thursday to finish but according to Vince we were going to fail.

"Can't we start Monday, give me the weekend until I enter work-hell?" Vince pleaded, dramatically crashing back in his chair.

I eyed him warily, "You're weird as hell sometimes. And no-----" My pone buzzed.

'Hey, I need to talk to you ASAP. Its about me and Jamie!'

I sighed, that was my best friend Lacie and her 24/7 boy toy problems.

"Nevermind, no but it can wait until tomorrow, Lacie is requesting my listening skills." I groaned mentally, I love her to death but her being with a different guy every day and me having to listen to her rant about how she wants to be with himbut wanting to keep going out with other guys and yada yada. Yeah, I don't even know this Jamie kid.

"Yes!" Vince shouted, earning a glare from two librarians.

"That just means double the work tomorrow." I grinned at his horrified expression.

"And we are going to need these books, grab two and I'll do the same." I picked up the books along with me bag.

"Why only two? I mean, no way am I disagreeing to it cause two is way to much for me to start with."

I upped my eyebrows at him, "Seriously you have been here since day one and you don't know that you are only allowed to check out two books at once?"

He looked at me like I was stupid, "Why would I?"

"Just shut up and move your ass." I pushed him towards the checkout counter.

After we checked out I was waiting on Vince, who was putting up another book that the librarian asked him to.

All of a sudden I heard arguing from the back, where Vince had to go and wondering what it was about I began walking towards it. But then he came out and his expression made me stop short, my eyebrows crinkled in confusion.

He reached me, grabbing my arm and tried pulling me towards the exit while saying, "I'm going to kill him, I swear I will."

I planted my feet and yanked my arm back, "Whoa, what are you----"

"Vince!" I heard a voice shout, or rather Keith's voice. My boyfriend.

"Damn it." Vince growled.

I turned around to find Keith coming from the same place Vince was just at. And like Vince, Keith wasn't alone. A girl whom I remembered name was Molly, or Millie, came out behind him. Fixing her shirt, her face was red and her lipstick smeared.

Keith looked at me, a look of shock went over his face and he stopped a couple feet in front of me.

"Janey, baby." he whispered. I shook my head at him.

"I knew it." was all I said, then escapsed out of the library with Vince on my heels.

And that's how the war started between us.

()()()()()

Vote, comment, fan:D

xxxx