The first thing Locust noticed was that they were in Gordon's house. If he didn't know better, he'd have thought that nothing happened. But he did know better.

Neither Gordon, Skulduggery, or Ghastly were there. Just him, his team, Creyfon Signate, and Kull. Creyfon slumped to the ground, caught by Jack.

"Let's put him on the couch," Locust ordered. "Then we can go find Gordon Edgley. If anyone knows what might be going on then he's our guy."

"What if this version of him doesn't know about the existence of magic?" Caelan asked. "Does magic even exist in the reality?"

In response, Locust clicked his fingers and conjured a flame. "Magic still exists, don't worry about that. And look over here..."

He walked over to a bookshelf with a glass case protecting stapled manuscripts together. "Gordon got his ideas from magic and..."Locust pointed out a Sheen on a nearby door. "He knows enough about magic to get someone to put up defences."

"Well that settles it then," Zona said. She helped Echo move Creyfon to the couch and put  blanket over him. Abagail came over and tucked a note behind the pillow. "Tells him to stay put."

"Wait a minute!" Jarvis said. "Where's Kull?"

They all looked around, but there was no sign of the Cyclops. "Let's just hope the mortals know about magic," Jack said.

"We'll worry about that later," Locust told them. "Our first priority is to find Kull and locate the other Void creatures. Our second priority is to find out just how much the mortals know about magic, best keep the Void creatures out of sight until we know for certain. Our third priority is to find out who our allies and enemies are. A few of us might even be criminals in the world so be careful."

"I'll go with Locust," Echo said. "Zona, stick with Jack. Look for Gordon but get Jack back here if anyone sees him up close. Caelan, you go with Abagail and Jarvis. Research and find out as much as you can about this world. Politics, wars, magic, mortals, the lot."

What will you two be doing, huh?" Zona smirked at Locust and Echo.

"We'll be looking for the Void creatures," Locust said sternly. "I think the best place for us to start all our searches is Roarhaven."