Regrets

Seeing Charlie again after some months apart, Skylar knew she had many regrets and secrets. One of them was not telling him how she felt before he left.

Now that she had the chance, would she confess or would she keep it from him. He had told her how he felt, but was she ready for something so solid? Skylar clearly didn't know. So she told him she needed to think. The fear of confessing then getting her heart broken was too much. Deciding to never tell him, she acted fine, yet glanced longingly at him. Feeling raw and frazzled, she hid her emotions, calm and collected.

Wanting to see the loving side of her, Charlie tried getting closer. All he got were icy looks. Long, wavy dark hair sat elegantly pulled back. Seeing her on the beach, he approached. "Hey." He smiled. She didn't look over. "Skylar..." He attempted. She spun on him. "Where were you? Where were you those few months!? Charlie, you have no idea how much you walking out hurt me! I became known as the cold Snow Queen! I tried and struggled to get over you! Then you come back, thinking things will return to normal! They never will! I'm not the same girl I was when you left. You want to make things right? Prove you're worthy of me. Find things I like. Surprise me." She walked off, dark hair blowing in the wind.

He watched her go, stunned. Running a hand through his hair, he thought. The few months he was gone, filming his show, he regretted not inviting her. He sent a message to Owen and Jeremy. Help. Meet me in five minutes. They responded and arrived quickly. "What's wrong?" Jeremy asked. "Skylar. A friend I grew up with. I've fallen head over heels for her but she's different. Something's changed. She's cold, harsh. I think I hurt her when I left to do the show." He sat down, head in his hands.

A few days later Skylar walked into a cafe, not expecting to see Charlie sitting with two guys. Her eyes widened but she went to buy her food before claiming a table. She could feel all three watching her. Dressed in a skirt, top and heeled sandals, dark hair loose, she flicked a wink at his friends. When her food was done she collected it before returning to her seat. Then Charlie and his friends came over. She looked up, blinking. "Skylar, meet Jeremy and Owen. You'll like them." He says.

Being a radio singer, Skylar's listeners asked her to sing 'Wake Up' by Madison Reyes. Playing the song a few times, she memorised the lines, eventually beginning. When Madison heard her song being sung by someone else, she was curious. Just who was this mysterious woman, singing her song? Eventually managing to get ahold of the mystery woman, Madison discovered more to Charlie than met the eye.

Sitting down with the elder, Madison learnt the history Skylar shared with Charlie. Eyes clouded by sadness and grief, Skylar wished Madison and Charlie happiness, before disappearing from their lives. She continued to be a radio singer, but cut contact with her childhood friend.

Months later, she appears in Charlie's apartment. Hearing singing, he enters the kitchen, only to find Skylar sitting on the countertop, lost in her song. She looks at him, eyes full of raw, sheer sadness and pain. He recognises it, joining in. "I'm no longer the girl you remember or knew. I've changed. I grew up and joined the academy after leaving."