Chapter One: The beginning

ELIJAH POV

"Elijah!" I heard Ethan calling me from downstairs. I groaned loudly, "What!?" I questioned yelled back at him. "Get down here!" Ethan commanded. I flopped onto the soft carpet off my bed, "fine!" I walked down the stairs. "There's zombies.." Ethan informed me. I laughed at Ethan like he was stupid, but right as I did I heard a loud bang on the window and the smashing of glass. I screamed. Ethan ran out of the room leaving me with the zombie. "D-don't leave me here!" The zombie came closer and I jumped behind the couch. "HELP!" I cried out. Ethan ran back into the room and smacked the zombie dead in the face with a barbed wired bat. I was in terror at the scene that happened before me, I felt myself tear up and felt a tear run down my cheek. "Elijah.." Ethan blurted our quietly as he came behind the couch and hugged me. "It's okay I'll protect you.." Ethan said softly trying to calm me down. At that sentence I cried more, "wh-what of th-they hurt y-you.." I said as I trembled at the thought of living my life without Ethan. "Elijah.. Don't think about that.. I won't let it happen.." Ethan Hughes me tighter as he said those words. I whined and he looked at me sadly and laid me down on the couch. "..You need to calm down.." he told me. Ethan didn't leave my side, he knows I get scared easily, and cry even easier. We heard the zombies distinct groan from outside. I whimpered in fear looking at the broken glass on the floor that came from the window. I ran upstairs and Ethan followed closing the door behind me. "We should call some friends to help and get out of here.." Ethan said softly once again knowing I was still scared. Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door, getting even more scared I let Ethan go first.

ETHAN POV

Elijah followed loosely behind me. I took the bat I used earlier tightly in my hands. Making it down the stairs I went to the door. I was worried a zombie would bursts threw the door but I opened it. Seeing a bit of purple hair I knew exactly who it was. "Alex!" I yelled in surprise. Alex quickly came inside and hugged me closing the door behind him. "You could've asked to come in." I said in a joking manner. Alex giggled and said, "I would if there weren't zombies trying to eat my head off." I laughed then turned around seeing Elijah peeking his head out from behind a wall. I pulled him out from behind the wall and said, "Alex isn't a zombie Elijah.. your fine.." He whined then stood up off the ground. "H-hey Alex.." he blurted our shyly. I sighed. We all heard the zombies groan again and Elijah hid behind me. "I'm not gonna let them hurt you.." I informed him. "You c-can't promise th-that.." Elijah replied. Suddenly, three zombies bursted through the door. I raised the bat and took a quick swing at on of the zombies heads and it flew right off its body with a crack of its bone. Alex pulled a sword out of its sheath and sliced ones arm off. I looked at Elijah as his face turned pale staring at the blood of the chopped arm he barfed. I quickly turned around and saw the last zombie behind Alex, "WATCH-." Before I could finish a knife flew past my head and stabbed the zombie right in the eye making it fall to the ground with a thump. My eyes drew back to Elijah and seeing him in a throwing position my eyes widened in surprise, "you threw that!?" I questioned. "Y-yes." He answered visibly questioning his existence. "I finally did something right!" He then said. The I followed up the statement jokingly, "I've been waiting for that your whole twenty-one year existence." We all laughed. Knowing we would be on the run from danger we went to pack for our journey ahead.

ELIJAH POV

I looked at Ethan and his girlfriend Amie's cat named Rudy. I loved Rudy and knew for a fact that I wasn't gonna leave her. I gently placed Rudy in my bag and zipped it up leaving a hole in the zipper so she could breathe. "Lets go!" I heard Ethan yell from downstairs. I gently placed the bag on my back. Hearing a faint meow from inside the bag I whimpered slightly.