Chapter Eight

The rest of the day goes by seemingly the same, but you can't seem to keep from grinning all through the rest of your classes. You feel like an idiot, but you don't really care.

Once school ends, you head back to the library as usual. Half of you hopes that Newt has left and you don't have to be tempted anymore. The other half wants him to be there. You want him to want you. And you want to let him in. But you can't. That's enought to wipe the smile off of your face.

Do you even want to go to the library? He might be there.... And you don't know if you can handle seeing him again without letting him in.

Too late now. You're in the hall that has the library there. And Newt is waiting by the doors.

You can't get close to him, so you duck your head and let your (h/c) hair fall in front of your face to try and hide. It's a pitiful attempt, you know. But he doesn't stop you as you walk by hime through the door.

Is he not looking for me? Your heart sinks. Maybe he doesn't like you. But you shake it off. It wouldn't matter if he did. You're not interested. You nearly laugh out loud at the lie, and then groan. You can't even pretend to yourself you're not in love.

Plopping down in your usual corner, you're shocked. Newt followed behind you as you walked through the library. A giggle escapes your mouth and you bite down on your lip, focusing on your book as he gets closer and closer.

Needless to say you get very little reading done, you're too busy focusing on Newt, browsing the shelves. Always in your sight. You want to scream with joy. He. Likes. You!!! You're ecstatic.

Until you remember.

And when you do, you pack up your stuff.

Cause you can't keep doing this.

Its not fair to him, and its not fair to you.

You go home.

Where all the trouble is.