Chapter 12: Realizations

Hoseok sat on the floor, staring after Cassia. The guys stood in the doorway looking at him, trying to figure out what had happened.

"What did she do?" Jungkook asked? "Do I need to go get her and make her explain herself?" Hoseok shook his head. He began to remember things from their past interactions together. He remembered her getting upset over him telling her she was pretty. He remembered all the times she was so jumpy around him, all the times fear showed in her eyes just as she looked at him. He remembered how she never wanted to be left alone, and she never wanted her door shut. He remembered how she never really wanted to talk about her past, when he asked, and she didn't like physical contact. Then he remembered her telling him about her mom's boyfriend - her best friend's dad. Everything started to add up in his head and he realized she wasn't telling him the whole truth.

"Oh my god," he whispered. He covered his mouth with his hand in shock. The guys looked at him, but didn't ask him anymore questions. "I've got to talk to her." He stood up from where he sat on the floor and hobbled with his injured knee to his bedroom. He tried to call again, but there was still no answer. He tried to text Cassia, but she never read his texts. Jungkook walked into the room where Hoseok sat on his bed.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Jungkook and Hoseok were close friends, and when Hoseok looked up at Jungkook he knew something wasn't right.

"I think something really bad happened to her." He talked, looking at the wall, all the past discussions running through his mind.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook was curious, but it didn't seem that Hoseok wanted to elaborate.

"I don't want to say anything more right now. Let me talk to her first. I don't want to say something that horrible and then be totally wrong." Jungkook looked at Hoseok suspiciously, but decided to trust his friend. He put his hand on Hoseok's shoulder.

"Alright. Just let me know if you need me." Hoseok nodded and thanked Jungkook. He tried Cassia's phone again and still there was no answer.

*********

Just as Cassia's phone rang for the 15th time, she made her way to the front of Incheon Airport right outside of Seoul. She wanted to answer Hoseok's call so bad, but what would she tell him? How could she tell him that she had been raped by her mother's boyfriend. In her mind, she was damaged. She was afraid he wouldn't even want her around once he knew the truth. She had been alone for 18 years since her dad left. There was no reason she couldn't do it again. She chastised herself internally for falling for Hoseok, for allowing him to make her want him. Why did he have to be so caring, so nice to her. Why did he have to make her feel wanted and protected?

Her phone rang again. The screen lit up with Hoseok's nickname, Hobi. She stared at the phone willing herself to answer, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. "He'll never look at me the same way again," she thought to herself. And she certainly didn't want to be pitied.

Cassia left the airport with her mission in mind. She wanted to find a cheap place to stay and then she was going to start trying to find her father. She wanted to know how he could leave her to live the way she had to live, with a mother that didn't care in the least. She wanted to make sure he was as miserable as she had been.

*********

The guys finished the last of the filming they had to do and were on their way back to Korea the next time Hoseok tried to contact Cassia. He texted her.

"Cass, I'm sorry I hurt you. Remember what I told you. I will find you again. I have to.  I miss you so much. You know I would never hurt you on purpose. I just need to talk to you."

He looked at his phone for several minutes waiting to see if she would look at the message. He didn't know what he expected. She never checked her messages anymore. However, just as he moved to lock his phone, he saw the little yellow 1 disappear, which meant she read the message. He sat up, shocked. He held his breath, waiting to see if she would text back, but she didn't. He sighed in defeat and closed his eyes. He at least needed to try and get some rest before they landed in Korea.