Dagger

The air was cold and I felt the world around me become fresh with rain, "I promise we'll take good care of her Diana," I perked up at the sound of my mother's name escaping the blonde's man lips, and quickly slid down my seat by the window and quickly went around the corner to see my mother standing in front of the door. Her long beautiful faded blonde hair trailed behind her as she caress the necklace that was a gift from Grammie, "if anything happens, I give you both permission to fully adopt them, give them the life I could never give them," she said before I saw her eyes met mine, "hey baby," she went gesturing me to approach her. I quickly ran over and nuzzled my face within the bosom of my mother's feeling her run her fingers through my lavender locks, "Baby, you and your sister will be staying here with Daddies," I flinched in her arms before yanking myself away from her, "why mommy?" I asked.

"Mommy has to go somewhere, somewhere far away, but don't worry it won't be long," she told me.

"Why can't I go with you?" I asked as I felt my eyes become watery and my vision blurred.

"Mommy can't because where mommy is going... Mr. Wolf will be at, so Mommy is going to talk to Mr. Wolf to tell him to stay away," she said brushing hair from my face, "once everything is taken care of, Mommy will come back... I promise," she told me with a smile.

She promised me she will come back... She promised right?

                                                          I snapped awake from my dream feeling the sweat on my forehead and the sound of my heartbeat against my ribcage, "Flora," I heard the sound of knocking on my door, which I quickly got up to...

                                                          I snapped awake from my dream feeling the sweat on my forehead and the sound of my heartbeat against my ribcage, "Flora," I heard the sound of knocking on my door, which I quickly got up to, answer. "Yes?" I went as I opened my door to see the innocent, yet tired face of my sister, Ava, "I heard you crying earlier, are you okay?" she asked me. I guess I was vocal from my dream, "I'm fine sis, just another sad dream again," I went as I walked out of my pitch dark room and entered the hallway. I looked at my sister who was only an inch taller than me, fully dressed, hair combed, and eyes wide with worry, "is it about that lady again?" she questioned, but I remained silent since... I couldn't talk; my tongue was dry and felt like clay. My heart ached at the idea of this woman, but I couldn't do anything about what I had witness in the dream other than calling her "Mommy" "Never mind, I'm going to my interview now and I wanted to check on you since I was leaving," she said as I felt her hug my waist and kissed my cheek. I was always close to my sister, both of us adopted by two loving fathers who doted and sheltered us happily, but was not good when it came to making friends... It affected Ava a lot, since she was always nervous and pushed most people away.

For me, I drew in people because of a condition I had... Where my whole body was made out of diamonds... Though it felt like skin, hair, and flesh, one strand of my hair can cost over 1.k millions of dollars. I found many people pawned in my hair, nails, tears, or even my blood, soon I learned I couldn't trust people because I was a cash-cow to them. My trust has decayed and now I live with Ava, using my diamond tears to pawn in case we ran low on cash, I trust Ava because she was considerate and kind. "It's trash day... Best get a move on," I changed the subject earning a gasp from her, "you're right! AH! I'm late!" she went as she grabbed the bag and quickly ran out of the apartment leaving the doors open for everyone to see me in my full glory. I then quickly ran and closed the door, I then walked over to the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle and guzzled it down, one thing about my condition is that I require a large amount of water and it was needed since it did help make my skin and hair shine. I quickly ate some eggs until I walked back into my room and closed my door...