VALENTINES SPECIAL

Here I was stuck in a dilemma.

"Ma'am, you're scaring the customers. Would you like to come ?" the very sweet looking clerk looked at me awkwardly .
" U-mm I'm terribly sorry. I don't know what to get my beloved , you see."

It all started when the love of my life reminded me there was a special day in a year called Valentine's day that was meant for love, I am not a romantic person. I love romance but I'm not romantic. My girlfriend , Mugi (from K-on) has always been the one to think of stuff , last time she played a piece for me on the piano and made dinner, which was absolutely delicious.

Now I was stuck in a confectionary picking out sweets for someone who can make sweets better than any world class pastry chef. Yes , I love my girlfriend very much. I'm hopeless though. I stayed at the confectionary for a few more minutes and realised how dumb this was. I went to my car that was parked at the confectionary's parking , very fancy I must add.

As I started driving , I saw the stunning sparkly streamers that were lined on the lampposts , it reminded me that the whole world was spending time with their loved ones and here I was driving and not spending it with my queen , Mugi .

I drove faster , I cut a few red lights but I don't think the officers would mind. I took a quick turn and I was home. I'd get to see Mugi. I rushed out of the car and to the door, I was so excited to see her but when I opened it , she didn't come and greet me like she usually does .
"Mugi? I'm home. Where are you?" My voice echoed . 'Maybe she's not home'. I slammed on to the couch and waited for a few minutes . After five minutes passed by I got up and got changed and started to decorate our home. I took out all the scented candles I owned, lit them up and definitely placed them far away from anything flammable , I don't want the incident of 5th March to arise again. I remembered something , Mugi always loved a good cheesecake but it would take so long to make so unfortunately I didn't make it. After lighting all the candles , I again went to the couch. I waited for Mugi for a few more minutes and then got up again. I had to do something else so I got up and went to the kitchen, I got out the ingredients for a salmon dinner , easy to cook but it's easy to mess up nonetheless. I put on my apron and unleashed my excellent cooking skills to impress my woman. My tips for cooking Salmon dinner include;Unwrap salmon; Season salmon, let it rest. Take out vegetables because no one wants to eat just Salmon . Mugi always prefers her salmon with honey-garlic butter roasted carrots or butter roasted sweet potatoes , lucky for her we have both the star vegetables in the fridge. I swiftly and professionally made the vegetables and the salmon, now I had to think of dessert. Before I could make nougats , I heard the door click open, the love of my life hath arrived .

" Good evening , my queen."
"Hehe, I'm back sweeite."
I go in to hug her. I slide in a quick " welcome back" before kissing her.
" Dear ..., I don't want you to stop but I'm really hungry."
" Oh of course , sorry I got caught up . I made salmon and two of your favourite side dishes . I'll set it on the table right now. Shall I open the gewürztraminer?"
" Ooo sounds yum. Yes , that'd be great"

I bring in the dishes and set it up on the spruce table Mugi and I chose during Christmas. We both sat down and with the Grape wine in my hand , I open it up and pour it in our wine glasses. We start to dine.

"Everything is so nice sweetie". With a mouthful of sweet potatoes , I grin at her " thank you. I was so worried I wouldn't have been able to do something romantic for you."
" Oh nonsense, it's just a day . I know you love me very much" Mugi smiled at me and it my heart melted.

"Ah that I do."