My Savior

Hello! This is my first time writing a story. As you can see it's a taekook oneshot. It's angst. English is not my first language so pardon me for any mistakes. Constructive criticism is appreciated. I hope you like it!

Now let's dive into the story. And oh! Prepare your tissues boxes

────

More often than not I think about how there's not much left in my life. After all I lost my dream job of three years, lost my sister in a plane crash, even lost my best friend in the stupid rage of drunkenness.

But then I realize that to lose something means that you have it. And so I'm reminded of all the things I have or once had with me...

All I remember after the accident was the loud ringing in my ears and the wetness on my chest and legs. The smell of gas was suffocating my lungs and my chest felt like it was being ripped apart rib by rib. My eyes felt droopy and I didn't think I could fight the darkness any longer so I closed my eyes. And then everything went black as I succumbed to the darkness.

I was grateful for my life, as it is, when I woke up, being greeted with the faces of a dozen people wearing masks staring down at me all at once, the faint sound of a beeping reaching my ears and the feeling of tubes coming out of both my arms. I squinted my eyes because of the bright light just above my head as I tried to regain my vision.

Someone shouted something along the lines '' patient alive '' hurting my eardrums. As I started to gain a little understanding of my surroundings I noticed the walls of that room were blue and there were various machines kept along both sides of the bed I was laying on. I realized after a while that I was in a hospital. That was when I started remembering everything bit by bit. And it all came back..

I opened my eyes when the pain had finally numbed a little. My vision was still blurry but I could figure out something that looked like a person lying on the ground

When I finally regained my vision, I saw him, lying on the rocky ground, in the puddle of his own blood, eyes wide open, staring into nothingness. He looked.. lifeless. And I...k-killed him.

As the realization dawned upon me, all those moments started flashing in front of my eyes , how I drank that shot of whiskey at yoongi hyung's party, how I argued about wanting to drive because Jungkook was tired, how he tried to stop me but I didn't listen and how I couldn't turn the car away on time when the god forsaken truck came out of nowhere.

I closed my eyes shut refusing to believe it was even true. It felt like years when I finally opened them again hoping it would all have just disappeared and I would still be with him in the car, joking together and being cheesy.

But my hopes were instantly shattered as my eyes landed on his torso again, he was in the same position, the same puddle of his blood. A sob escaped my throat as the truth finally set in. He was gone.. he was really gone.

Wanting to touch him one last time, I scooted closer to his body. He was still as a rock. I slowly lifted my hand and put it on his cheek. My trembling fingers found their way to his lips. They were still soft, still the same except the fact that they were turning pale. Wanting to relish the feeling of his lips once more, I connected my lips with his. As soon as I felt the sensation of his skin, the flood gates opened and the guilt overpowered me. I pulled my head back and stared at his face.