QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

i. what does the title mean/why is it named that?
soooo the definition of hearth is "a symbol of one's home."
i named the book hearth because aries is plume's home. it also is a symbol of fire so there's that. basically, aries is plume's hearth but everything is burning around her at the end (:

ii. is plume still alive?
yup, just being tortured indefinitely

iii. does plume have any siblings?
no, she didn't. i never really explained it in the book bc it wasn't relevant to the plot, but plume was an accidental birth and her parents never wanted more.

iv. what does purgatory mean in relation to the last chapter? is she basically going to be tortured for eternity?
that's the metaphor! i have no clue if i'm ever going to write a sequel because i like leaving it at that point. the fact that she's "repenting" and trapped is why i named the chapter purgatory. i won't spoil anything if i decide to make a sequel, but her time in the capitol def resembles purgatory.

v. how much research did you do into the hunger games universe?
a lot yo 😭 i checked like 100 different panem maps to find out where district 10 was located, watched the catching fire movie 12+ times, memorized the script, and also read all of the wiki pages for every single character in the hunger games universe (including ppl that weren't even in the story like seeder and cecelia).

vi. why did you decide that ending for plume?
i did it for the #allegory. for those of you that read this when i first published it, the summary was like "when everything is taken away from you, home is the only thing that remains." i chose this for plume because after everything is taken from her (security, sanctity of mind, comfort, etc.) aries was the only thing that remained. and, as previously stated, aries is her home.

vii. will we ever find out what happens after this?
i'm gonna be honest, i have no clue. tbh i haven't even read/seen mockingjay so i'm not sure how aries and plume would fit into it. butttttt if i do decide to make a sequel in the future it will be explained. if not, i might write an epilogue.

viii. is aries alive?
this is kinda up to the reader to decide. when i wrote it, i assumed that aries was taken to district 13 while plume was in the capitol's custody. so, yes, i'd assume he's alive n safe n worried about plume

ix. can i hug/kiss/hold plume's hand?
yeah if you can break into the capitol torture center and successfully free her 😶