Scars

Jax froze as a woman in bright blue scrubs came toward him. "Jax, this is Dr. Amlie. She's going to conduct your physical." The doctor smiled at him kindly. "Hi, Jax. Can you step up on this scale for me, please?" He did, shivering as his bare feet met the cold metal. He flinched as she lowered a beam to rest on his head. After a few moments, she frowned. "Hm. Ok Jax, you can step down. Hop up here for me?" He looked wary, but sat up on the big table anyway.
   "Hold out your arm, please." She wrapped a black cuff tightly around his upper arm and pushed a button. He whimpered as it grew tighter, wondering how many cuts it would give him. But once Amlie took it off, there were no cuts and no pain, just two fading red lines. She ran something cold over his forehead and clipped something onto his finger, waiting for it to beep before she pulled it off. She scribbled something down on a chart and pulled out a flat wooden stick. "Say 'Ah!'" (😵😫) "Ahhh- ack!" Jax coughed as she stuck it in his mouth, which he clamped shut as soon as the stick was out. She shone a light in his eyes and ears and pulled out a long cord with a metallic circle at the end.
   He looked at it curiously. What was she planning to do with this strange medallion? "Okay, Jax,"she said with a smile, pulling the curtains around the three of them. "I know this all seems strange and new to you, but you've been a great patient! Now you just need to do one more thing for me, and then it'll all be over." He nodded. "O-Okay." "Good! Take off your shirt, please." He flinched.
   "W-what?" "I know it's not very comfortable, but I need to check your heart and lungs, as well as make sure you aren't malnourished. Please?" He shook his head. "N-No!" "Just do it, you sissy!" Jax spun around with frightened eyes. That voice... A blond boy stood in the entrance, a sneer on his face. "Clay, this is a private physical. I'm afraid you'll have to leave,"Higuel said firmly. Clay scoffed. "What, he's too big a wuss to take his shirt off and I get in trouble? Just do it, or are you too scared?" He took a step toward the smaller boy.
   "Didn't you hear me, idiot? I said to take off your shirt." Jax didn't respond. The kid leaned forward and yelled,"Now!" in  his face. With a yelp, Jax's hands flew up and his shirt hit the floor. Higuel shoved Clay out as the boy froze. He and the doctor gasped. Scars wound their way up and down Jax's torso and upper arms like vines, thick lines slashed across his back, and thinner, straighter lines were scattered around. Dark burn marks dotted his pale skin like freckles.
  "Maestro Higuel, he's not responding!" Snapping out of his shock, Higuel threw open the curtain and barked,"Go retrieve Kalani Tsonga and Skyler Frieze from the Aerie, Adara Filsad and Ember Adams from Feissièr, Cove Williams and Nixie Starr from Wystarya, and Avani Paluski from here. Now!" Different people shot in different directions, but Jax took no notice. He tried to make himself respond, but he couldn't. That boy was so much like Grant...and he had made Jax take his shirt off, like Grant used to right before he gave Jax a new scar or ten.
  Suddenly, warm arms were holding him close. He tried to get away, but stilled when the person shushed him. "It's ok. Hush." Instead of Kalani or Ember, it was...Avani? Soon another person joined the hug, then another and another,  until seven pairs of arms encircled the boy. He looked up to see the rest of the Eight, all looking at him with a mix of sadness, pity, and anger. He melted into the embrace, for once feeling safe.

Heyo! So this chapter is probably trash, but...eh. QotC: have you ever froze up like Jax did? My answer: I sure have! Part of my autism attacks mainly consists of freezing up, not responding, etc. It. Sucks. Oh! This chapter is dedicated to OnceupounGray, who is an AWESOME  writer! Btw, I'm drawing people on Wattpad, so if you want me to draw you just tell me in the comments and give me a description of yourself with:
Hair color
Eye color
Skin tone
Ethnicity
Gender
Special features (ie, freckles, spots, birthmarks, etc.)
Anything else you want me to add
I honestly can't draw, so it might look like crap, but I'm bored soo....
Bye!