Its A Pact

It's was very special day for all the Louins, as it was the annual day festival of their college. Isn't it exciting? To perform for your institution and always feeling like a part of it? Those were the thoughts of all students.

Meanwhile, the actual Louins were rushing in the backstage to prepare for their dance acts.

"Guys what about the props?"

"All set Sharon." -checked Vicky.

"Music system & CD mixes?"

"Top notched." -confirmed Nil.

"Food & Beverages are settled, Bharat is checking the seating arrangements.". -cleared Amar.

"Thank god!" -Sharon breathed a sigh of relief.

She was running towards the green rooms to check if everyone was ready with their makeup and costumes. On her way she clashed with Rey, huffing and puffing both balance themselves.

"Hold on, hold on."

"Rey please go and check if Swayam's ready or not, I'll check on Krip— I mean Kriya." -she ordered.

"Or we can do the alternate." -he teased with a wink.

She slapped his shoulder and moved towards the girls green room & he left towards the boys.

***

Soon, Sharon & Rey were on stage to present their act. They danced with so much passion that the crowd had to go crazy over them. Later, while Kriya was shaking of her arms and legs to feel lighter. She felt Rey standing behind her.

"All set for the performance?"

"100%! You know what, Rey. After what you told me about keeping secrets from my mom, I realised that I was being selfish to her. I just couldn't succeed in life if she won't be there to be happy with my dreams. So I told her everything about my dance, now I'll just have to see if she'll come today or not."

Rey looked at her, astonished "You invited her?! That Rani Laxmi Bai will kill me, if she sees me here." -he panicked and fled from there whereas it was time for Kriya to join Swayam on stage.

Swayam & Kriya were dancing as if they were on clouds, flowing and landing softly. Complementing each other's steps and expressions.

At the end, the crowd gave them a huge round of applause. Swayam quickly bowed to the audience and left the stage, while Kriya stayed back. She took a hold of the mic from Simmi, and addressed towards the audience.

"Thank you everyone, for celebrating this auspicious day with us! Ever since I had stepped into this college, it changed my entire life. I always breathed for dance but this college gave me my life, my friends. Thanks to the dazzlers I came across these folks, so credit should be given to them as well." -she smiled glancing at them who standing behind the curtains.

"I've always hid my passion from my mom, but today she's sitting between us just for me. I'm sorry mom that I couldn't keep my promises but thank you, thank you for not being my mother but my best friend. And I promise you, that one day not just my college but you too will be proud of me." -she choked on her words.

Wiping her tears she continued, "Lastly, I want to thank someone extremely special. Who was there for me since Day 1. We fought, argued, reconciled, became friends & now today I've started to— Rey, this one is for you." -she smiled while staring straight in his eyes while his jaw dropped and stared her back.

When you're faded and alone
And need somebody on the phone
Let it be me, let it be me

She sang on the mic while walking down from the stage not adverting her gaze from him. Both recalled their late night conversations on phone.

When she leaves you in the rain
You need a high to kill the pain
Let it be me, let it be me

He slid his hands in his pocket and grinned at her while she kept singing walking towards him in between the audience.

And I'll show you love the way it supposed to be
Ta-da-da-da, da-da-da-da, da-da-da-ta-da-da-da

She sang while walking around him & he stopped her abruptly from singing further and turned the mic off.

"You don't need to be this bold about your feelings."

"If you liked it then that's enough for me." -she whispered in his ears.

"By the way, where did this brilliant idea came from?" -Rey raised his eyebrows at her.

Kriya goes into flashback when Sharon has entered the green room & found Kriya struggling with her hair which were not styled properly. She sent Rinni out and handled the situation on her own.

"So, Ms. Kripa. What's your plan, try too woo 2 hotshots of this college?" -she stopped.

"What? What do you mean by two?"

"Oh come on, don't think that I am a fool to fall for this innocent looking face. One second you're with Swayam & the other side you are making Rey go gaga over you." -she accused her of the two-timing.

An annoyed Kriya stood up from her chair and glared at Sharon.

"Look, I understand about Swayam. You both have some past equations but that doesn't give you the right to question me about us. And why the hell are you bringing Rey into this?"

"Are you blind? Or do you pretend to be? That boy is deeply and madly in love with you, but he won't tell me. As he knows that I, hate you to the core. But, I love my best friend a lot. So if you break his heart, I'll break you." -she threatened icily.

Sharon was about to leave in anger but not before Kriya replied her back.

"Sharon, whatever Rey might feel for me, but you can't deny the fact that you accepted it Swayam as hotshot." -she winked and smirked at her.

"God, how LS." -Sharon rolled her eyes and left the room by banging the door.

Coming out from the flashback, Kriya just looked at Sharon who standing on the other side of the crowd & both shared a friendly smile.

She turned back at Rey, and gave him a beautiful but shy smile.

"So would you Let It Be Me?" -she asked in a soft voice.

He stepped back and took a glance at her from had to toe as it examining her & thought for a second but seeing her getting nervous, he quickly gave her a big grin and opened his arms. She jumped on him and hugged him tight while he twirled her and the crowd applauded & cheered for them. Whereas the Louins & Smriti witnessed everything from far & shared a group hug amongst themselves.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

~*Happy Valentine's Day!*~

@SarafWasima