*one week later*

"Happy birthday Stella!" We yelled, running over and smooshing her into a hug. She laughed and wriggled out of our grip.

"Presents!" She demanded, making grabby hands at the stack of presents in Grace's arms. She got a why don't we poster, a hat and some dolls. She also got four books.

Grace and Stella started playing with the dolls while I went into the kitchen to start making the cake. Within ten minutes I had flour all over my hands and face.

Grace came into the kitchen and leaned against the bench. "Corey and Toby are having a party tonight." She said, referring to our childhood best friends. "We should go."

I sighed. "Grace, we can't. It's Stella's birthday." I started to stir the cake batter. "Can Blaire's mom take her? They love Stella." Blaire is Stella's best friend. Her mom does love her.

"They're in Hawaii." I said. Grace made a frustrated sound and opened her phone. "Oh look, Corbyn posted. The caption is "sounds good in here"." She turned around the phone and showed me.

I felt a weird jolt in my stomach. I can't wait for them to get back from their break. I picked up the mixing bowl and kept stirring.

The doorbell rang. I heard Stella run toward the door. "Stella! Check who it is first!" I yelled. We rushed toward the door without putting down the batter bowl. We reached the hallway and heard Stella scream.

Then footsteps. A group of people walked through the door. "Jackjackjackjackjack!" Stella screamed, hanging onto his shoulders like a monkey.

I dropped the bowl and stared in shock. Jack walked past us and dropped onto the couch, tickling Stella. Zach walked over to gave and they hugged tightly. And then there was Daniel. He was even more gorgeous than I remembered.

He smiled at me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Hey." He whispered quietly.

I pulled back and looked around. "How, of all crazy coincidences, did you guys show up on Stella's birthday?" I asked, looking around.

They looked at each other guilty. "Um... I was stalking Grace's Instagram." Zach said, blushing. We all laughed and Jack started singing Happy Birthday.

I picked up the bowl and walked back to the kitchen. Daniel followed me.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" He asked. I shrugged. "We got invited to a party, but I don't think I'm going to go. Stella's birthday is more important." I said.

Daniel ran his hands through his hair. I wanted to run my hands trough his hair. I wanted him to pull me close and to put my head on his chest and....

"Ali? Hello? You still there?"

I snapped out of it. "Sorry, what?"

Jonah had come into the kitchen. "I said, we can look after Stella if you want to go out." Jonah said, laughing.

I stared at them. "Really? You would do that?" I asked.

"Oh, heeeeeeeeell yeahhhhhhh!" Jack sung from the lounge room. We all laughed and went out. I sat on the couch and Daniel sat beside me. He smelled so good. Ugh, is that a creepy thing to think? Should I think about his clothes? Or his gorgeous eyes or his arms or.....

Grace sat down next to me. "So are we going to go to the party?" She asked. I looked around to see Stella and Zach wrestling on the carpet, and Jack was laughing and yelling at Stella to kick him.

Jonah was in the corner, clearly undecided to be amused or regret allowing there to be an addition to the four children he already had to rake care of. Corbyn was... um... I don't even know.

"Uh... yeah, sure. Let's go get ready."