1

"Mom don't forget, tomorrow morning we have to go to the lab." I said while putting my hair up into my bonnet.

"I know. We gotta leave here by 9:30 Ryleigh, not 10:45" She said as she focused her attention on the flatscreen tv in our living room.

"What's it for again?" Dad asked as he sipped his beer. Also watching the tv.

"It's for my Science project. We're getting our blood drawn and DNA swabbed. To show the Similar stigmatized cells in the DNA of a child and their parent." I said As I focused my attention on the tv as well.

"Have fun with that." Dad said.

"How was Monica's birthday dinner?" Mom asked as my dad rubbed her feet.

"It was good. She loved her charm that I got for her. Her sleepover is Saturday."

"No boys right?"

"The Grammys?" I asked raising an eyebrow trying to change the subject.

"Yea. Now shutup or go upstairs." Dj said making me throw a couch pillow at him. Only for him to throw it back 10x harder. Almost making me fall and knock my bonnet off.

"Hey hey! Enough!" My mom finally said making us both quit. Dj turned the tv up while I sat on the couch in between my parents.

"Tell Nanny Mcfee to quit playing with me" Dj said earning a laugh from dad.

"And here comes the Royal family now. Looking fabulous in all white. The Infamous Lyons, In all crisp White clothing. The King and His Lyoness Are Serving. Along with their Cubs. The Three Kings of the Empire Andre, Jamal and Hakeem. And of course who could forget about the Princess...Miss Paris. Such A Beautiful Family."  The reporter said as the camera panned across the family who was all in white.

"Every year they make a grand entrance. Man they fly as hell." Dj said shaking his head.

"I wouldn't want that lifestyle for anything in the world. No privacy. No freedom. Nothing. Money comes with sacrifice." I said.

"You crazy. Them people are billionaires. You know Paris is worth 2 billion? And she's only fifteen? Her resumè is sick!" He said.

"Yeah whatever. I'm pretty sure Paris gets around...ya diggg." I said shrugging my shoulders and getting up from the couch.

My mom gasped and tapped my thigh. "Behave." She said shaking her head while holding in a laugh.

"Yeah all I know is you better not be getting around" Dad said finishing his beer.

"Oh please. I couldnevaaa. But anyways, I Have Homework. Peace." I said before running in the kitchen to grab an apple before going upstairs to my room.

~

I crashed on my bed and let out a deep breath. Fuck. I hate going to the Grammy's. The press, the camera's. Everybody asking to take pictures left and right. I'm just glad to be home. Everybody else stayed for the afterparty but I told Jermaine to bring me home. No point in me staying when I can't enjoy myself.

I stripped out my clothes and connected my phone to my speaker. I went in my bathroom and cut the shower on before hopping in. The steaming hot water was just hitting different, it was putting me to sleep. My phone kept ringing which made my music keep pausing, irritating the hell outta me.

Quickly I washed up, and got out to see who kept calling me. It was my "lil yea". Luckily he was facetiming me again so I answered.

"Hello?"

"Where you at? I'm finna come get you."

"Excuse me?"

"No cap I'm on my way, why yo hair wet?"