Chapter 4: The Lost Boy

Gabriel pulled up to the frat house that he lives in . it was probably one of the biggest fraternity houses on campus Alpha Sigma Phi or Alpha Sig for short. Gabriel got out of his car as one of his fraternity brothers runs out yelling Alpha Sig over and over again. Gabriel just walks past him and into the house he couldn't get the imagines off his mind still he was confused on what they meant but at the same time a part of it looked oddly familiar to him.

Gabriel lays on his bed as he takes off the necklace and holds it up looking at it as the imagines replayed in his mind.

***

Gabriel put the key in the door trying to lock it the key snapped.

Gabriel looked at the broken key as he lays the baby down on the floor in his basket he put the broken half that was in his hand around his neck to keep it safe. Gabriel then looks down at the baby wounding what would a baby eat. The baby starts crying, Gabriel looks down at the baby " you must be hungy baby, otay you stay hewe well I do down to find some food " he says to the baby as if it was gonna get up and walk away.

Gabriel heads downstairs to try to go find something to feed the baby, not knowing whos house it was. Gabriel heads into the kitchen to look for something he walks up to the fridge and looks inside he sees baby bottle of milk. Then looks around for something else when he sees a bag of bread on the counter he pulls a chair over to the counter in front of where the bread is he climbs up onto the counter to grab it. He climbs back down off the chair he runs back upstairs to where the baby was still crying.

" it otay baby I got food I rownd some milk and bred " he says as he runs up to the baby. Gabriel struggles to open the bag but once he finally gets sit open he pulls out a slice of bread and holds it up in front of the baby. when he doesn't eat Gabriel thinks to himself maybe it has to be smaller pieces, he then breaks the bread up into tiny pieces and tries to feed it to him but still nothing. " baby why you no eat " he thinks then looks at the milk.

" dis might tork " he says to himself then holds the bottle of milk up to the baby's mouth and it starts to drink. he smiles as he holds the bottle up for the baby.

A few days have passed and they've been only eating bread and milk there was some calls made to the police station by some neighbors about hearing a crying baby all night . they had mentioned that no one was living there, or so they all thought. when the police showed up at the house they heard a baby crying and what sounded like a toddler trying to calm it down. police officers checked the whole house but only found Gabriel and a crying baby. They picked them both up and took them to St. Zachariah's orphanage and handed them to the nuns that where there.

***

" the baby was that Noah? " he asks himself he sits up and looks at the necklace in his hands. " so this is part of a key, but what's the key for? " he says out loud to himself again. Wanting to find more answers he puts the necklace back on and grabs his keys. he heads out to his car and he drives to his adopted parents house. When he gets there he goes inside " mom, dad! " he calls out as he walks inside. When there was no answer from either of them he runs upstairs pulling down the stairs to the attic and runs up, he sees boxes with his name on it and goes to look inside.

He finds a picture of him when he was a toddler holding a baby he flips it over and sees Noah and Gabriel 2004. " Noah " he whispers as he puts the photo down and continues to look through the box. He finds a old pair of pants he must of worn as a kid, inside of one of the pockets was a small bag. he struggles to open it, but when he finally dose a gold like powder explodes in his face.

                                      ***

Gabriel stood in shock as he saw lost boys and fairies fighting against their enemy " Gabriel follow me this way " a voice says from behind him. as he turns around he sees a red haired fairy in all yellow holding a baby. He follows her as something starts chasing then, Gabriel was having trouble keeping up with the fairy as he had small stubby legs so he trips a few times. He got up and looks back to see a goblin chasing them " keep up Gabriel " the fairy says to him as she runs.

They get to the door she stops and turns to look at Gabriel " this is Noah he's the keeper of our world you must protect him no matter what. " she says as she gently hands Gabriel the small baby.

Gabriel looks at the baby then up at the fairy " Tinkew Bell I don't know how to do this " he says to her.

Tinker Bell smiles as she places a hand on the small boys face " I believe in you, Peter believes in you. if we didn't wouldn't of trusted you with this job " she says as she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small bag she hands it to him " you might forget and if that happens just sprinkle a little bit of pixie dust and it'll help you to remember us all" she says as Gabriel took the bag from her hand. Tinker Bell then waves her hand and a small wooden sword appears on the boys side.

" this sword will come in handy when you need it most, now you must get going Gabriel put the key in the door and turn it counter clock wise it'll open " she says to him as she hears the goblin getting closer to them. Gabriel nods and dose as he's told he opens the door then gets a hug good bye from Tinker Bell.

" bye, bye Twinkew Bell " he says as he steps through the door.

" remember to keep him safe " is all Gabriel heard from Tinker Bell as he closes the door behind him.

                                        ***

Gabriel coughs and swatting the pixie dust away " Tinker Bell, Peter " he says as he looks down at the sword in the box. he picks it up and smiles thinking how sweet it was of Tinker Bell to gift him this sword to make him feel brave and strong. he thought about his home what they we're doing and what was going on there. Then he thought about Peter and the danger he put himself in to save everyone it made him remember the day Peter had found him all those years ago.

***

It was the 1900's , Gabriel was a the youngest child of five he had four older sister who would tried their best take care of him but failed as their parents were killed in a fire when he was born. His older sister was 18 years old so she was able to look after her four younger siblings. she worked a lot as she had to, so she could feed the five of them it was up to the second oldest to look after them who was only 12.

She was really only looking after the other two girls and not Gabriel who was two, the only one who actually cared for him was the 18 year old sister. she was actually Gabriel's real mother she had him at the age of 16. sadly she was killed one day on her way home from work when a car hits her and she gets rushed to a hospital and dies.

The 12 year old sister knew that Gabriel was their nephew but she had always disliked the boy because he was a reminder of her parents death. they were on their way to see him as the eldest sister had just given birth to him. When she found out that her older sister had died she packed up her other sister and locked Gabriel in the nursery and left him behind.

That's when Peter Pan found him and took pity on the 2 year old bow and took him away to neverland where he had became of Peter Pan's lost boys.

                                      ***

He comes out of this thoughts of the memory of how Peter Pan found him. " I'm Gabriel Wolf. I'm one of Peter pans lost boys, Protractor of the keeper of fairytales. " he says to himself out loud. then this strange feeling pulses through him he god this feeling that Noah was in trouble. He stands up fast and runs out he doesn't realizes he still has the wooden sword and pixie dust still in his hand.

He gets into his car and heads to the orphanage once he arrives he sees Noah and Lexi running out of St. Zachariah's as if something was chasing them. he was right, as he was just about to get out of the car a goblin like creature with dark dark black wing bursts through a window.

________________________________

I hope you all like this chapter. you get to take a dip into Gabriel's past hope you enjoy. Stay safe and healthy please vote and comment ~ S.P.