Chapter 1- A New Start

//6:00 AM//

Castiel awoke just in time to see the sun rise over his beautiful view of the lake and hills on the outskirts of town.

I'm going to miss this, he thought to himself sadly. It's not like he wanted to move, it's more he had to move. With his family disowning him and his fiancé no longer his, he decided this was the fresh start he needed.

He had been searching for house's across the country for a few months now, none capturing his interest as a possible home.

Florida? Too hot. New York? Too scary? Georgia? Too Gone With The Wind. Kentucky? Really brain? Just no. North Carolina? Now, we're talking!

He researched houses for rent or sale in North Carolina. Originally from California, he thought across the entire country was just what he needed! What few belongings he had could be shipped there. He didn't own any pets. His family all hated him. A job was out of the question. He had plenty of money from the almost wedding. This would just be what he needed.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

//9:00 AM//

"And this beautiful two-story Victorian would be just perfect to raise your little ones!" Dean stated, showing his latest customers their (hopefully) new home.

You have their attention, now real them in.

"And let's not forget," he said leading the pregnant wife and hopeful husband to the back wall of the kitchen, "this beautiful look over the Atlantic Ocean, just a short drive down the hills. You can grow a garden, enjoy the sunset, and not have to worry about the little tikes getting into the water."

Mrs. Bragg's face lit up at the thought, her hand rubbing her twin-filled tummy. "Oh, Jon. What do you think? Should we take it?"

Her husbands face lit up, but he had his reservations. "Excuse me, Mr. Winchester, what's the closest hospital to this house?"

"Ah, I knew this question would be an issue," Dean said as he pulled out a map he had printed off that morning, "You see, Mr. Bragg, if you take Wallin Street 10 minutes SouthEast, you'll come to the esteemed North Carolina Hospital and Care Center; six minutes if you take a right onto Gibbons and cut through the Wal-Mart parking lot there." He smiled, showing the route on the map in different colors of ink.

Just then his phone rang an unknown number. "Excuse me. You two discuss and I'll be right back." Dean stated with his award winning smile.

He walked onto the veranda, "Dean Winchester, realtor."

A gravelly voice came through the speaker, "Hello, Mr. Winchester, Castiel Novak. I'm calling to implore about any homes you may have for sale or rent? Two bed, two bath, kitchen and den?"

"Hello, Castiel. Please, call me Dean. I do, my friend. If you can come to my office today, we can start your search quick to find you the perfect home." He had a way with words that would make anyone want to buy a home from him.

"That's the thing, M-Dean. See, I'm from California." Castiel stated hesitantly.

"No problem, Mr. Novak! I'll give you my e-mail and we will do our best to find you a home. When do you see yourself coming to the great N.C.?"

"Hopefully within the next two weeks. I'm still in the process of selling my house here." His voice changed when speaking of the house, a hint of anger, maybe?

"No problem! When I'm back at my office, I will begin the search of any houses I have for you, and you can e-mail all your wish specifications."

He heard a sigh, "thank you so much, Dean. This is the fresh start I need."

They traded contact information and the call was ended.

Dean returned to the lovely couple, expecting good news, which he got.

As they signed the paperwork dealing with the house, Dean's mind wandered to the gravel voice ringing in his ears.