7.Mature Analysis

"With you as in?" Trying to pretend to figure out what Xander had thrown at her was low for Regina even. Why did she care to know about what he did with her? All she needed to know was that she was with him the night of murder. Did that rule Melanie out of the suspect list?

Maybe. Not.

She seemed to be messing her emotional brain with her logical brain. It happens to the best of us.

"I don't think that's the point of the. conversation." Evading the whole thing. Why?

"Well, since you purposely kept this information away from the time I asked you.
I think we can skip what's the actual point of this conversation."

"You never took my statement." Xander pointed out.

"That's because you were being an asshole." Regina, too, pointed out.

Both were lodged in a heavy arm to arm battle.
He straightened from his seat, getting up. His stance becoming menacing.

"That's because you were in my place nosing around. Uninvited."

"It's my job, buddy. For the thousandth time."
She took a step closer. Not backing down.

"You tell me it's your job but you sure doing some shit ass detective work by going on dinner dates."

Her eyebrow cocked. "What does that have to do with this?"

"Merely pointing out that you ain't doing your job." He drawled.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he takes a step closer to her. They are again facing each other.

In close proximity.
Nothing good ever comes out of closeness.

Fights takes place. Killings takes place. Kisses takes place. Hot kisses takes place. That spun around Regina's mind quite a while.

"Are you saying I'm not a good detective?" She tilts her head, snapping her thoughts back into the business at hand.

"You said it, babe. Not me."

"Don't call me that." Her voice dripped with venom.

That caught his attention.

He leered a nasty smile at her, casually coming more close. Their chests almost touching. He bends down, till they are nose to nose.

Regina stays in her place. She is good darn detective. Best one in her field. She has killed and made prisoners confess in mere seconds of cruelty. She wasn't going to back down from a sexy-ass mother fucking brute.

"I think I will, babe. In fact, I kinda like calling you, baby." Stressing on the 'baby' was making the smoke come out of her ears. She hated being called such a lecherous name tag. He probably called his harem of girls that. He most probably called Melanie that.

"You are fucking with the wrong woman, Xander."  She glowered back at him.

This time he smirked mischievously. As if he liked what he was seeing.
"Is that right?"

"You have no idea." Her eyes hard, as she pins his cocky naughty eyes down.

His nostrils flare, liking this aggressive dominant side of hers. It was sexy as sin. He urged himself not to whistle at her.

"I want to then, know about this idea." His arm suddenly coming up, encompassing her to him.

Her eyes widen.

She jerks back from him, her hands comes at his bucking biceps. Pushing at them to remove herself from his hold.
"Let me go, you brute."

"Feeling like running away, now do you?"