So You Think You Can Dance?

After my first day of school was over, I started roaming the halls. It seems that Amy obviously felt I didn't need her anymore. Not that I really wanted her to come back, she was even less talkative than me and that was saying something. I had a hour to spare before dance tryouts, so I'm now in my dance uniform wandering the halls. It was quiet with all the students gone, but I didn't mind it. I was wandering past the bathrooms, when I heard whispers from the classroom a few doors down.

         I wondered over noticing the door was cracked. It was then that I could clearly hear their voice. "I wonder what she'll be like in class?" said voice one.  "Good question, Twin. I never thought of a student to be beautiful until this one." They found a student at our school beautiful. Interesting... They continued to whisper. "Be careful brother. We aren't exactly in a position to-"

         And it was at that moment, my phone rang with a FaceTime call. I looked down and I felt my expression darken when I saw the caller  ID and quickly declined the call. After I declined the call, I was able to hear footsteps walking in my direction. I turned around and fled the scene of the crime, running to the nearest bathroom and locking the door in case they decided to follow me.

         I waited in there for another 30 minutes until I knew the coast was clear and hustled my way to dance tryouts, thankfully I made sure to ask Amy where tryouts were happening before we parted ways. I was there 15 minutes early, so I figured I start stretching. It wasn't long before people started filing in. I saw students file in and and to my surprise I saw Amy across the room talking to what I can only assume was the Dance Instructor considering that she looked to be in her mid-forties. I must admit that even at her age, she looked pretty fit while she sported a blonde ponytail and a unitard tucked into exercise pants.

           I had decided to sit in the back facing the stage until tryouts started. It wasn't until a few moments later, the instructor called all the participants up to stage an than proceeded to go through the dance steps once with us and after that we were expected to be able to follow along. She separated us into groups of 5 and and 1 group of 3, as we didn't have very many come for tryouts before we began.

        I was thankfully in the first group, then she played the song 'Friends' by Marshmallow and Anne Marie.

(Dance performance right there ☝🏾)

By the time we were all done with the first half of our performances, an hour had passed into the tryouts. The next half of our performance involves choosing a song and creating your choreography. Each performer will be given only 4 minutes to perform their dance and hopefully impress the instructor. I was going to be the 3rd to last to perform and since there was only 13 people performing, it wouldn't have to be a two day event.

      I sat in the seats in front of the stage watching the performances and most of them were really good, one performer fell and then ran off stage crying, I glanced at the instructor who didn't seem to care, or maybe was used to that kind of thing at this point in her life. Then two performances later there was a guy who I noticed was slightly off rhythm with his dancing. If I noticed it than I'm sure the instructor did too. I would have felt sorry for him if he hadn't been wearing a smug expression throughout his performance. I rolled my eyes. 'Great, another fuq boi gracing us all with his presence.' I thought to myself sarcastically.

        Next, it was my turn, I plugged in my iPhone into the speakers and played the song 'Murder Song' by Aurora.

(Dance performance right there ☝🏾)

          As I danced, I put my passion and expression into it. I tried say everything in that movement that I could never say out loud. I felt myself shout in my movements. When I was done, I stood up and spaced out for a moment before glancing at the teacher. There was a gleam in her blue eyes that seemed to tell me that she was impressed. As I started to walk off the stage, I noticed the Leon brothers standing by the door. I couldn't exactly get a read on their expressions, but they seemed almost... awestruck? I'm not really sure from this distance. After I was off the stage, I saw one of them, Adrian, if I remember correct, hand our instructor a packet of paperwork, briefly glancing at me up and down, slightly lingering on my body. I felt a shiver run down my spine and my body heat up.
What is happening?? I thought.

——————————————————————

Any thoughts, opinions??
This chapter is dedicated to
@friskriel
For her recent vote. Thanks a bunch for giving this story a chance!