Chapter Four

I stood at the mirror wearing a long red dress. I had tied my hair back in a pony tail with a bang either side of my face. My make-up was done and I felt really pretty. I slid my high heels on and walked downstairs. He was at the bottom waiting, wearing a suite and looking very handsome. His dark eyes seemed to stare at me intensely, "Wow," he grinned.

I did a twirl, "Do I look okay?" He couldn't stop grinning, causing my belly to be full of butterflies. Taking my hand, he leads me to the garden which was full of roses, "I love roses."

"Roses are your family crest, aren't they..." I nodded and could tell he wanted to know why. "I never really got it?"

I walked over to the rose bush and gently removed a single red rose and held it in-between my hands, "Ava signified the rose. She found out when she was pregnant with Sophie and she believed before her she had in fact had a miscarriage, she was her rose baby and since then the family continued with roses and planting them wherever we go."

"She died in the end, didn't she?"

"Sophie came back to life. She is still alive now but spends her time with her husband exploring different parts of the world. We rarely see her,"

"Your family is weird." He grinned and I smiled at him, "You seem alright though."

"Just alright?" I teased, biting my lower lip. I slowly walked over to the table trying my best not to fall, I was never a fan of heels. I sat down and gave him the rose. "Here you go. You can keep it or throw it, whatever you want."

He put the rose to his nose and smelled it, before putting it in his pocket, "I think I will keep it."

Some food arrived and we ate together. It was perfect. The rest of the night was spent chatting and drinking wine. Later we ended up outside my room and I smiled at him when I suddenly felt unwell. I was still feeling the effects of whatever Connor was doing. My eyes went heavy and I collapsed to the floor again. I could see myself having another fit and Colson was trying to control me; making sure I didn't bite my tongue. He looked so worried.

I slowly came around and found myself on the bed. I looked over and saw Colson watching out of the window with my rose in his hand. Maybe he regretted getting to know me.

"I'm sorry for ruining tonight." His head span around and he moved to sit on my bed.

"It was perfect. Don't worry. It is normal to have that reaction. Your body is slowly removing the soulmate bond. Don't ever worry about upsetting me, it will go after a while I promise."

"Stay with me tonight?" I opened the covers and he took his shirt and jeans off, leaving his body in full view. I suddenly felt hot again but this time he'd caused that reaction.

"I thought you would never ask." He teased as he slid into bed.

"Goodnight." I whispered as I felt his arm wrap around my stomach. I did feel overdressed as I was wearing my night dress while, he was wearing next to nothing.

*****

I woke up and felt the bed was empty. Had I dreamt about Colson sleeping here? I got up and walked around the house. I could sense he was gone. I grabbed my phone and started to look through it when I came across a picture of Connor at that beach! I know that beach, he was posing with his feet over a rock. Connor is here!

I waited and waited for Colson to return but he didn't. I ended up heading out and walking around the town when I spied Connor. His head turned and he looked at me.

He quickly walked over to me, "Hey beautiful."

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I want you back." In that moment I sensed Colson was nearby. I looked around but couldn't see him.

This made me nervous, "You rejected me Connor. You can't expect just to show up here and get me back."

He looked shocked by her rejection. She looked different to him, stronger almost. "You told me you loved me before you left."

I cut him off, "I thought I did but it wasn't really love if you have to bloody hide it. I am finding myself here for the first time in years and Colson."

As soon as he heard that name, his face went bright red, "Oh so that is, you're fucking Colson?"

My eyes went wide, "No, I am not and even if I did, it has nothing to do with you. He is my ..." I cut myself off. "He is my second chance mate."

"No, he isn't. I am your mate! Me not him."

"Correction, you were my mate and then you rejected me because your daddy told you too. I want a man, not a boy who can't make decisions for himself."

I noticed Colson standing nearby. He was with his Beta, Malcolm. I'd never met him before; Colson wasn't a fan of me getting involved with his pack. Maybe because he thought I wouldn't fit in, who knows. His eyes were watching me, judging me.

"Do you love him?" my head snapped back towards Connor.

"I think I could yes." I heard Colson take a deep breath.

"I am going back to the Kingdom. I will tell you parents you will be staying here forever."

"You have no right to speak to them."

"You really messed this up you know."

I corrected him while pointing my finger at him, "No, I didn't. I stayed faithful, unlike you." He hung his head in shame and turned away. "I know everything you did and that is why I could never love you."