>FOUR<

JOSH RICHARDS

"Then go get your girl, lover boy"

Josh laughed under his breath, maintaining the eye contact they had shared for the last few minutes of their conversation. He waited there for a few extra seconds too long, he didn't want to look away. How could he?

He wanted to swim in the ocean of her eyes, graze his hands across the specks of green. He wanted to fall backwards into the tall waves stare up into the sky and just live in the moment. He wanted to drag Leia down with him, wrap his arm around her shoulder and pull her in close: he wanted to breathe in her smell, he bet it was sweet like cinnamon.

But he couldn't.

He really couldn't.

"Yeah, my girl," He swallowed "I will-erm- i'll go and" he took a deep breath, licked his lips and slyly looked her up and down "go and do that" he pointed to the door as he finished then walked the few steps towards the door to open it. He again let out a breath looking back at her and smiling, then pulled open the door.  Well, attemped to.

They continued looking at each other as he tried pulling the door open again, and again, and then once more before his eyebrows started furrowing.

He looked back at the door pulling it a few more times to no avail.

"Well, it seems that lover boy is very much stationary" Leia joked biting her lip to stop herself from smiling. Josh didn't smile he did however roll his neck back and looking at her.

"Practicing more neck movements?" Again she laughed and he just stared back at her, dead eyed. A hint of a smirk, beneath a solid exterior.

"It's okay I'll just call my friend" he said shaking her head and going into his pocket to take out his phone only to find nothing but the box. 

No phone, shit.

"Shit. This just keeps getting better" Josh was now leaned over the balcony, resting over his elbows, hands intertwined, head down.

"Whats wrong?" Leia questioned, obviously noticing his sudden change in demeanour.

"My phone, its on the bed" he said pointing a thumb over his shoulder back at the glass door where his phone could clearly be seen laying on the bed.

"Oh, it's fine you can use mine" she said standing up straight and turning towards her own balcony door. Josh's head shot up, his eyes widening. 

"Really? That would be so much help, thank you so much!" He walked quickly over to the separator and she went to the door pulling it open. Well, attempting to.

"Shit." They both looked at each other, however now she had the dead eyes and he was slightly smirking.

"Well, it seems that miss Brooklyn is very much stationary" she laughed out of her nose. Shaking her head looking at the ground.

"Lover boy and miss Brooklyn?" she smiled.

"the modern day Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy"  he smiled back, she burst out laughing.

"Of all people? Every duo you could have said, Batman and Robin, Bert and Ernie, Spongbob and Patrick? You had to go Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?" Josh could hardly hear her over the laughter coming from the both of them.

"Are you trying to tell me Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy aren't iconic?"

"Yes I am ,Barnacle Boy" She mused still laughing slightly.

"What? Why am I Barnacle Boy" he put his hand to his chest, pretending to be offended.

"I am so Mermaid Man" Leia dragged out the 'o' in so, shaking her head and rubbing her eyes.

"You wish!" Josh countered.

"I do so wish, Barnacle Boy" she replied

He only laughed in return, not quite giving up but basking in the moment and just watching her laugh. She seemed to be guarded even when laughing, a hand over her mouth to cover it and letting her hair fall over her eyes when she looked down.

Leia also quieted down once she realised Josh had stopped laughing and was just looking at her. She had to admit he was handsome, she would definitely have been attracted to him in any other situation. Suddenly, she started laughing again shocking him.

"What?" He was already smiling brighter just hearing her laugh, it was contagious.

"What if- no doesn't matter" she tried to stop laughing but only started up again when she looked at his confused face.

"What? You have to tell me now! You can't just leave me hanging!" He argued still laughing, he could tell what she was about to say would be weird.

"Its just, oh god this is gunna sound so weird" he knew it, "its just, what if instead of -um, saying, saying 'Daddy' somebody said 'Barnacle Boy'" she started laughing again this time more hysterical yet she still had her guard up.

Josh couldn't help but laugh along.

"If you wanted to call me daddy you could just say it" he winked jokingly, making her feel some type of way. She only laughed off the comment blushing slightly, not understanding the hidden meaning of his comment.

"How-how did your mind even come up with that?" he was clutching his stomach, bent over.

"I guess i'm just special"

Yeah she was.

———————
Words:887
Finished: February 22
So sorry for the shite banter in this like