More Than Survive

((Based off of Joe Tracz and Joe Iconis' Broadway show Be More Chill which was based off of a book by Ned Vizzini under the same title.

All student characters are the same age.))

A loud knocking noise at the door startled Charles Xavier. 

The short teenager with short, brown hair and bright blue eyes closed his laptop quickly and turned to the door. In the doorway, stood Charles' stepfather, Kurt Marko. 

"Hurry up and get dressed. You'll miss the bus." Kurt had a deep voice and was not the nicest person in the world. He had always been rather rude to Charles but had to take care of him when Charles' mother died. 

"You aren't driving me?" Charles asked, almost weakly. 

"No," Kurt replies roughly.

Charles sighed softly as Kurt left and closed the door behind him. The teenager stood up from his bed and grabbed a grey sweater that lay on the ground. Charles found some black pants and put those on as well. He quickly checked his smooth brown hair in the mirror near his wall before leaving his room. 

Without even getting a bite of breakfast, Charles was out the door with his heavy backpack and a book in his hand. 

Not having anything to eat was usual for Charles. He was a bit skinny due to this, but he ate every now and again. 

Because Kurt refused to drive Charles to school, he went to the place where his school bus would pick him up. Charles walked down the driveway of the big mansion that he lived in to the entrance of the driveway. 

As always, Charles arrived at his bus stop just in time for the school bus to pick him up. Charles got on the bus and silently found an empty seat in the back. He opened the book in his hand and started to read it. 

The book Charles had was "It" by Stephen King. This book had been suggested to Charles by the school librarian and he liked it so far. He had to admit, Bill was his favorite character. 

Horror books weren't really Charles' thing, he preferred historical fiction and non-fiction.  

Charles was able to read his book for about ten minutes before the bus came to a sudden stop. He looked up to see that they had arrived at school. 

With a huff, Charles stood up and left the bus. 

The public high school Charles went to was small but had a lot of students. He had lived in Winchester, New York for as long as he could remember. 

Charles entered the school and a blast of noise hit him hard. He was used to this. With his back hunched slightly over his books, Charles began to try and make his way through the school to where his locker was.

As Charles walked, he overheard a couple conversations. 

Raven Darkhölme, Moira McTagger and Jean Grey were gossiping, as usual, by Moira's locker. Those three were the hottest girls in school. So Charles did his best to ignore them completely. But, their voices soared over the crowd. 

"Did you hear about Angel at Janos' house? I hear she stormed out on him because he wanted to actually be in a relationship instead of just going right to having sex! What a slut!" Jean talked loudly. 

Both Raven and Moira laughed. 

"And then Angel totally called him ba-"

"Raven! I'm telling the story!" Jean cried. 

Charles rolled his eyes. 

The small boy almost ran into an even shorter boy. 

"Aye! Watch where you're going tall ass!" Sebastian Shaw shouted.